Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spring lamb prices

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭charolais0153

Got 4.70 for r's and 10c extra for u's through group

• Registered Users Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭Lambman

Didn't even ask for a price had them at Mart didn't sell manager said he'd book them on lorry wanted rid was last a ram lambs. Was 24 in it but had till take 3 home as they were dirty.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭Green farmer

Lambman wrote: »
    Didn't even ask for a price had them at Mart didn't sell manager said he'd book them on lorry wanted rid was last a ram lambs. Was 24 in it but had till take 3 home as they were dirty.

Even though you didn’t get a decent price, Fair plate to the mart manager taking the initiative to try and get you across the line. It’s small things like that make the difference. I’ve been in other marts where they’d just shrug the shoulders and walk away.

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭Ard_MC

What they make in the ring?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,321 ✭✭✭razor8

What price were you getting in mart?

• Advertisement

Making €91 in ring. Ay they were supposed till be away Sunday so he was gonna let them stay in mart for the night but lorry was full then so just took them home an got them away on last night's lorry.

Let us know how they get on, I’ve brought stuff home unsold before and know what it feels like.

Edit, just read back what they made in factory. At least you’ve a clear conscience that you got the best possible for them on the day.

Making €91 in ring. Ay they were supposed till be away Sunday so he was gonna let them stay in mart for the night but lorry was full then so just took them home an got them away on last night's lorry.

Ah sure least you will be up for your trouble. Poor money. I sold xbred ram lambs out of mayo ewes on Monday night. 40kg made €78

Maybe cull ewe trade might be better

• Registered Users Posts: 11,142 ✭✭✭✭wrangler

Kepak are supposed to be quoting 4.40 today, if they do it'll be a change from ICM being at the bottom

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭Willfarman

wrangler wrote: »
    Kepak are supposed to be quoting 4.40 today, if they do it'll be a change from ICM being at the bottom

The “buyers” there are up for the challenge of ****ting on their neighbors! Expect another pull.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,779 ✭✭✭paddysdream

Kildare on 4:70 Inc qa today.Ballon meats 4:50/4:55 today but no qa there

How long do ICM take till send out a cheque killed Wednesday? Was waiting on the postman the day haha but no joy. Usually send with kepak who usually are pretty sharpish. Edit never mind today's only Thursday heads gone

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭Box09

I brought lambs on Tuesday to ICM and got cheque today.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

Any chance the prices might rebound back up towards 5?

JJayoo wrote: »

If the journal is correct and the uk are dumpin lamb on the market, id say it wont happen till after Brexit.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,142 ✭✭✭✭wrangler

Brits will be flooding in lamns till end October now, they've been dumping lamb in since end july to get rid, I hear even 16 -18 kgs DW

Hmm what to do what to do.

Have 23 well fed ram lambs 42-52kg, average weight would be 45ish. Planning to bring them to a buyer in ballina. He was giving 2 euro per kg but has gone down to 1.80.

Brits will be flooding in lamns till end October now, they've been dumping lamb in since end july to get rid, I hear even 16 -18 kgs DW

Crystal ball time. A soft brexit and trade will settle down, a hard brexit and lambs could become like gold dust. We’ll all know in a months time either way.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,786 Mod ✭✭✭✭Siamsa Sessions

Couldn’t blame them. It’s the safest thing to do and we’d do the same.

At this stage, I just hope something happens one way or the other in October. This endless uncertainty is doing nothing for anyone (apart from giving the media a world of work for themselves)

Trading as Sullivan’s Farm on YouTube

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭Dinzee Conlee

Have 23 well fed ram lambs 42-52kg, average weight would be 45ish. Planning to bring them to a buyer in ballina. He was giving 2 euro per kg but has gone down to 1.80.

Not sure there is much point in hanging onto them, generally prices don't improve this time of the year.

45kg at 1.80kg liveweight gives 81euro

At 4.60kg deadweight, you should get between 90 and 95 I would have thought

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭eorna

Thats poor money for well fed lambs imo.
    Is there Much flesh on them?

"Thats poor money for well fed lambs imo. Is there Much flesh on them"

Ya they are very well fed.

Lads can anyone break this down for me why on some lambs did I not get paid the full killing out weight? Seems till be on all lambs that killed out heavier than 20kg?

Lads can anyone break this down for me why on some lambs did I not get paid the full killing out weight? Seems till be on all lambs that killed out heavier than 20kg?

Kill sheet

Got the kill sheet out today for ICM Wednesday full weight lamb €97.70. on overweight lambs they have 5.4 kg off free lamb outta me across everything wilst doing me €31.50 for having light lambs totalling 6.1 kg light across everything.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,624 ✭✭✭White Clover

Got the kill sheet out today for ICM Wednesday full weight lamb €97.70. on overweight lambs they have 5.4 kg off free lamb outta me across everything wilst doing me €31.50 for having light lambs totalling 6.1 kg light across everything.

What way did they kill out for you lambman?

As high as 22.7 and lowest 19.7... mostly R3s few U3s same price though 4.65kg. I'd say 1.5kg liveweight woulda covered them so some musta killed real bad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,624 ✭✭✭White Clover

As high as 22.7 and lowest 19.7... mostly R3s few U3s same price though 4.65kg. I'd say 1.5kg liveweight woulda covered them so some musta killed real bad.

What were they weighing in the mart live ?

Advertisement