Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spring lamb prices

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭Green farmer

Sami23 wrote: »

2 euro here

Are ye far from factory ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,253 ✭✭✭Sami23

Are ye far from factory ?

about 50 miles

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,786 Mod ✭✭✭✭Siamsa Sessions

€3 here (Waterford to Kildare)

Trading as Sullivan’s Farm on YouTube

Stores still €2 a kilo with ewe lambs €5 extra ? Going to get another load out next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

I think store lambs all depend on how the jobbers are working. I have seen in Ballina the jobbers standing in pens of lambs, pretty much arranging between themselves which pens they will take, and then none of them will bid against each other. Your definitely not getting €2/kg in this scenario.

• Advertisement

JJayoo wrote: »
    I think store lambs all depend on how the jobbers are working. I have seen in Ballina the jobbers standing in pens of lambs, pretty much arranging between themselves which pens they will take, and then none of them will bid against each other. Your definitely not getting €2/kg in this scenario.

Same in most marts I'm afraid and is totally wrong. It's up to mart managers to stop this craic of lads standing in the pen while auctioneer is selling that pen

Stores still €2 a kilo with ewe lambs €5 extra ? Going to get another load out next week.

4.50 /kg flat
    4.60 /kg incl QA
    in Athleague today up to 21.5kgs

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭Box09

470 icm all in

• Registered Users Posts: 11,142 ✭✭✭✭wrangler

4.50 /kg flat
    4.60 /kg incl QA
    in Athleague today up to 21.5kgs

Athleague isn't as good as other years whatever is going on

• Registered Users Posts: 4,024 ✭✭✭Hard Knocks

Heard stores have gotten dear, as lots of extra grass
    A month ago rams wer6 €5 + €2/kg with ewes €5 more

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭ganmo

Heard stores have gotten dear, as lots of extra grass
    A month ago rams wer6 €5 + €2/kg with ewes €5 more

http://www.blessingtonmart.ie/MarketReports/tabid/103/post/sheep-sales-report---24th-september-2019/Default.aspx

My dad brought home lambs that were making 70

• Registered Users Posts: 1,779 ✭✭✭paddysdream

Any prices for next week?Hear they are back 5/10 cents a kilo.Waiting for a couple of agents to get back to me.4:70 last week hearing 4:60/4:65 for the coming week

• Registered Users Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭Lambman

Mart yesterday there ram lambs getting hard till sell across all weights. Ewe lambs holding in around the €2kg good heavy batches off hogget makers selling well I got €116 for 52kg texel x lambs just hadn't enough off them.!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,142 ✭✭✭✭wrangler

Any prices for next week?Hear they are back 5/10 cents a kilo.Waiting for a couple of agents to get back to me.4:70 last week hearing 4:60/4:65 for the coming week

ICM were threatening a big drop for last week but didn't drop them after, I don't know how they're tolerating being so much higher than the english price

470 icm for tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 20 answerman12

Have 20 broken mouth mountain ewes here for culling, mart trade is fairly average at the moment so considering bringing them in and fatten them up and straight to factory. Anyone have any experience fattening mountain ewes? What Killout and weights would ye be expecting? They're in good condition at the moment, nowhere near factory fat though. Do you assess fat score on ewes similar to how you'd assess lambs? Cheers

Would it be worth the grass/concentrate to get them 'factory fit'? Vs getting them away now? Every additional kg of flesh will only be getting you 2.60 euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭eorna

Have 20 broken mouth mountain ewes here for culling, mart trade is fairly average at the moment so considering bringing them in and fatten them up and straight to factory. Anyone have any experience fattening mountain ewes? What Killout and weights would ye be expecting? They're in good condition at the moment, nowhere near factory fat though. Do you assess fat score on ewes similar to how you'd assess lambs? Cheers

If you have plenty of grass and in no rush might b worth a punt targeting market in march/april or Whenever prices rise.
    If you have to start throwing meal at them not sure if makes economical sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭murrak123

Anyone else finding it hard to get lambs killed.? Been told to call back next week for the last two weeks. Based in the west.

murrak123 wrote: »
    Anyone else finding it hard to get lambs killed.? Been told to call back next week for the last two weeks. Based in the west.

Ya, found the same here. There’s abit of a backlog atm.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,321 ✭✭✭razor8

no problems in our group at all

Down another 10cent this week.
    4.40 flat and 4.50 incl QA

• Registered Users Posts: 1,779 ✭✭✭paddysdream

Down another 10cent this week.
    4.40 flat and 4.50 incl QA

Where's that ?

Damn that has fallen alot.

So much better to get lambs that are well-fed away at 42kg nice and early than letting them get up towards 50+

Where's that ?

Ballyhaunis

470 all in ICM yesterday

Box09 wrote: »
    470 all in ICM yesterday

Was that up to 21.5kg ?

Ballyhaunis are screwing the west of Ireland farmers so.

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭foxirl

Was that up to 21.5kg ?

Ballyhaunis are screwing the west of Ireland farmers so.

Was quoted 4.40 base on Friday up to 21.5 but when I got the payment slip they gave me 4.50.
    Not in QA

foxirl wrote: »
    Was quoted 4.40 base on Friday up to 21.5 but when I got the payment slip they gave me 4.50.
    Not in QA

Did you have no ticked for QA in despatch book or left blank?

• Advertisement

Box09 wrote: »
    470 all in ICM yesterday

That’s good. I see their official quote at €4.35 plus 10qa, is the worst on the market.

Advertisement