Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spring lamb prices

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,321 ✭✭✭arctictree

Have some nice 50Kg lambs to go to the Mart on Saturday. Grass fed only. Hoping for 100 euro. What ye think?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭ganmo

• Registered Users Posts: 2,253 ✭✭✭Sami23

arctictree wrote: »
    Have some nice 50Kg lambs to go to the Mart on Saturday. Grass fed only. Hoping for 100 euro. What ye think?

Should get the 100 no bother at the minute and would get 110 in factory I'd say

• Registered Users Posts: 3,534 ✭✭✭kk.man

arctictree wrote: »

Should make up to 110 however fat cover would be the judge especially if no meal.

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭downtown3858

Any man a price for cull ewes in factory ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭Green farmer

Any man a price for cull ewes in factory ?

€2.70 inc qa available in kildare without haggling atm. Maybe more available elsewhere depending on your negotiating skills ?

Was offered 2.80 last week and didn’t sell. Was wondering was there any more going this week

• Registered Users Posts: 3,905 ✭✭✭Dickie10

Here’s the kill sheet if anyone interested. 21 lambs 48-53kg

• Registered Users Posts: 942 ✭✭✭RobinBanks

Hi. I bought lambs earlier in year and they are ready for factory. I am in Bord bia so do i automatically get the QA bonus on top of base price if they meet the spec?

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭farming93

Once they're in your flock 42 days your good for Q/A.

• Advertisement

farming93 wrote: »
    Once they're in your flock 42 days your good for Q/A.

Ok great that's what i was wondering alright. I thought they would need to be here for a period of time

• Registered Users Posts: 2,321 ✭✭✭razor8

I doubt it. I assume it was the beef QA cert you hold and not the lamb QA?

razor8 wrote: »
    I doubt it. I assume it was the beef QA cert you hold and not the lamb QA?

I have both, just used to go to mart with lambs not factory

• Registered Users Posts: 2,321 ✭✭✭razor8

Your sound so

RobinBanks wrote: »
    I have both, just used to go to mart with lambs not factory

It makes no difference if you mart them. A lot of ppl don't tick the q box on the dispatch docket even ones who are QA. Factory agents buy them and it makes no difference to the price.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,321 ✭✭✭arctictree

Baltinglass mart this morning. Got 107 for 51kg wethers and 97 for 45kg ewe lambs. Not bad prices.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,142 ✭✭✭✭wrangler

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Young95

Any quotes for next week??

Have prices improved for this week?

Have prices improved for this week?

According to the IFA they have.
    09 DEC 2019
    Lamb Price Update
    Sheep
    Factories paying €5.10/kg. Top prices €5.20/25 incl bonuses. Weights 22.5/23kgs. Ewes €3.00

Would love to know more as I have a few to go.

• Advertisement

kk.man wrote: »
    According to the IFA they have.
    09 DEC 2019
    Lamb Price Update
    Sheep
    Factories paying €5.10/kg. Top prices €5.20/25 incl bonuses. Weights 22.5/23kgs. Ewes €3.00

Would love to know more as I have a few to go.

Ifa have updated their website further, kildare are paying the €5.10 as the base price and €2.80 for culls.

Any prices for ewes in factory?

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭Lano Lynn

[Qhttps://www.thatsfarming.com/news/nz-lamb-prices-december-2019UOTE=wrangler;111967066]Time for a substantial price increase ........ NOW

https://www.agriland.ie/farming-news/how-does-irish-lamb-prices-stack-up-against-its-competitors-find-out/[/QUOTE]

raises all sorts of questions like we are paying for electronic tags 'coz the market demands it ……..last week the IFJ had a headline '3000 lambs sold in 27 minutes'
    NOT NZ lamb makes 70 cent more per kilo (without traceability etc) .
    Bord Bia needs to step up and explain why our higher standard product is not being marketed in china?
    why is Spanish lamb 1.20kg (25%) over irish prices?:mad::mad::mad::mad:

Lano Lynn wrote: »
    [Qhttps://www.thatsfarming.com/news/nz-lamb-prices-december-2019UOTE=wrangler;111967066]Time for a substantial price increase ........ NOW

Bord Bia needs to step up and explain why our higher standard product is not being marketed in china?

Spot on Lano. Puzzling to explain why Spanish lamb, which is destined for the same markets as us is worth more. Cannt remember seeing luscious green fields in Spain that would be a patch to what we have in ireland. About time bord bia went out and justify their high paid salaries

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

Lano Lynn wrote: »

raises all sorts of questions like we are paying for electronic tags 'coz the market demands it ……..last week the IFJ had a headline '3000 lambs sold in 27 minutes'
    why is Spanish lamb 1.20kg (25%) over irish prices?:mad::mad::mad::mad:[/QUOTE]

Don't worry all the top Bord Bia lads are getting very very well paid, and that's the important things

JJayoo wrote: »

Don't worry all the top Bord Bia lads are getting very very well paid, and that's the important things[/quote]

Don't mind anyone getting well paid as long as they do a good job. Beef protest proved their incompetency.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭Neddyusa

• Registered Users Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭Neddyusa

Spot on Lano. Puzzling to explain why Spanish lamb, which is destined for the same markets as us is worth more. Cannt remember seeing luscious green fields in Spain that would be a patch to what we have in ireland. About time bord bia went out and justify their high paid salaries

I believe the Spanish lamb is for a different market to the Irish product? Typically 12-15kg carcasses.

Neddyusa wrote: »
    I believe the Spanish lamb is for a different market to the Irish product? Typically 12-15kg carcasses.

If you brought a 12kg carcass to Larry, I wonder what they'd give you for it ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭ganmo

I remember seeing signs up in a factory "carcasses under 13kg won't be accepted"

Advertisement