Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spring lamb prices

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,321 ✭✭✭arctictree

Got 100 for 45kg wether lambs in Baltinglass this morning. Got 119 for 80kg cast ewes.

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭farming93

arctictree wrote: »
    Got 100 for 45kg wether lambs in Baltinglass this morning. Got 119 for 80kg cast ewes.

What breed were the lambs? Were they getting meal? I had serious ewe lambs all killed over weight and I got 117 each for them in the factory. They were between 48 and 58kg live weight and only got grass. On the other hand I was meal feeding the ram lambs and sold some in the Mart and some in the factory, they were between 45 and 48 kg and I averaged 100 euro in the both the Mart and the factory.

farming93 wrote: »
    What breed were the lambs? Were they getting meal? I had serious ewe lambs all killed over weight and I got 117 each for them in the factory. They were between 48 and 58kg live weight and only got grass. On the other hand I was meal feeding the ram lambs and sold some in the Mart and some in the factory, they were between 45 and 48 kg and I averaged 100 euro in the both the Mart and the factory.

Mostly Llyen lambs. They got a bit of meal but not much. Im happy enough as they were a bunch of lighter ones i seperated from the main flock in October.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭memorystick

Mostly Llyen lambs. They got a bit of meal but not much. Im happy enough as they were a bunch of lighter ones i seperated from the main flock in October.

What were 50kg hoggets making?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭ganmo

What were 50kg hoggets making?

Blessington Tuesday
    Factory Lambs €108 to €118 or €62 to €68 over €/kg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,905 ✭✭✭Dickie10

5:35 icm navan this week

• Registered Users Posts: 902 ✭✭✭leoch

5.50 ram lambs 23kgs tomorrow in ballyhaunis

• Registered Users Posts: 3,905 ✭✭✭Dickie10

got quoted 5:35 in ICM Navan last weekend got 5:40 ! great surprise. theres only one way these prices are going lads

• Registered Users Posts: 4,123 ✭✭✭davidk1394

Got 5.45 yesterday for lambs, up to 22.5 kg. Scarce on lambs down there

davidk1394 wrote: »
    Got 5.45 yesterday for lambs, up to 22.5 kg. Scarce on lambs down there

Could they hit 5.80 or even 6?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,534 ✭✭✭kk.man

Could they hit 5.80 or even 6?

If they keep going they will but I think they are rising too fast. Its the same price in the UK.

The factories don't have the UK import option as they did other years with price parity. The UK farmer killed a huge number of lambs before the October Brexit deadline, its very hard to predict where the price will be. Last year the price stayed stagnant from mid janu till March.

Got 102 for 43.5kg mixed lambs in Baltinglass this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭Farmer_3650

I have 40 lambs averaging 36 kg fairly well fed. What sort of money would similar lambs be making at the minute in marts. Was going to finish them, but getting tight now with grass so might let them off.

Got 102 for 43.5kg mixed lambs in Baltinglass this morning.

What were 50kgs making?

I have a few but roads were too bad this morning.

kk.man wrote: »
    What were 50kgs making?

I have a few but roads were too bad this morning.

We were early so didnt see the rest of the lots.

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭farming93

I was at the mart Thursday, lambs 50kg coming into 120 and more if they are good quality.

farming93 wrote: »
    I was at the mart Thursday, lambs 50kg coming into 120 and more if they are good quality.

what sort of money were 36-40 kg lambs making?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭Lambman

what sort of money were 36-40 kg lambs making?

€90

The IFA Web site is saying ppl are getting 5.50 to 23kgs. Is this actually happening on the ground?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,779 ✭✭✭paddysdream

kk.man wrote: »
    The IFA Web site is saying ppl are getting 5.50 to 23kgs. Is this actually having on the ground?

5;40/5:50 to 23kgs freely available this week

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,722 ✭✭✭Birdnuts

Do folks think the current strong prices will be maintained for mountain lamb later in the year??

Got 109 for 42kg mixed lambs in Baltinglass this morning. Not bad.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,786 Mod ✭✭✭✭Siamsa Sessions

Local butcher here (Waterford) offering 5.30 up to 24kg yesterday.

I’ve 8 going to him tomorrow to be killed Monday morning. Weighed them Friday and they’re all 46-48kg apart from 2 at 44kg.

They’re getting 0.4kg meal outside on average grass with a month but probably should have given them a bit more. Still, if they kill out at 45-48%, they’ll do OK.

Will never again have them hanging around for so long though

Trading as Sullivan’s Farm on YouTube

• Registered Users Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭Lambman

Wasnt at mart yesterday but hear prices are well steadied even slightly back lots off unsold lambs from what I hear.

Lambman wrote: »
    Wasnt at mart yesterday but hear prices are well steadied even slightly back lots off unsold lambs from what I hear.

Are there many fat lambs out there?

• Registered Users Posts: 21 TheDoc77

5.60 flat up to 22.5 kg in ICM Camolin today

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭foxirl

TheDoc77 wrote: »
    5.60 flat up to 22.5 kg in ICM Camolin today
    Is that for suppliers groups or did you just call for a quote today. Have you big numbers going in?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭ganmo

Blessington today
    Butcher Hoggets €125 to €130 or €68 to €75 over €/kg
    Factory Hoggets €117 to €125 or €64 to €70 over €/kg

Ballyhaunis quoted me 5.60 for thursday and athleague quoted 5.65. Thats for QA lambs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭Tileman

Ballyhaunis quoted me 5.60 for thursday and athleague quoted 5.65. Thats for QA lambs.

They will hit €6 I think will they? No sign of extra uk lamb coming in

Advertisement