Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spring lamb prices

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,338 ✭✭✭DJ98

What are lambs around 43 kg making in marts at the moment?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,253 ✭✭✭Sami23

DJ98 wrote: »
    What are lambs around 43 kg making in marts at the moment?

€100

• Registered Users Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭ganmo

• Registered Users Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭Neddyusa

Any quotes?

Neddyusa wrote: »
    Any quotes?

€5.30

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,142 ✭✭✭✭wrangler

I got €111 for 42kg lambs today, 19.9 KG DW 47.5% KO

• Registered Users Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭Neddyusa

wrangler wrote: »
    I got €111 for 42kg lambs today, 19.9 KG DW 47.5% KO

€5.60? Not bad for near the end of June.

Sent the last of the fat lambs this evening at €5.50.
    Hasn't heard any price the last fortnight and I was surprised to get as much for them this day of the year. Lairage was almost empty too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭Lambman

Hows the lambs going for yous guys have 47% away here averaging just over €112 a head. 30+ more till go next week and it will be a awhile after that before I'll have anything worthwhile till go. Very happy with the prices achieved so far. Lambs doing good but were extra work this year with the extra foot bathing. Will likely dip the ewes and lambs last after next weeks lambs are away 19 day withdrawal but will take that and more till get another load away anyways. Grass everywere here at the min but lighter stores cant be bought.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,905 ✭✭✭Dickie10

i ahve about 60% done, ging to weighon wednesday and pull hopefully another 20 with any old dodges of ewes coming with me too. then wean them. wont be buying stores until early august, the kerry stores are usually not weaned til august bank holiday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,350 ✭✭✭Tomjim

any prices for next week

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭Box09

5.40 ICM

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭farming93

Just seen on the tullow mart f. B page. 33kg mixed weather and ewe lambs speckled. €84. Over 50 in the lot. Some money for stores.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,533 ✭✭✭kk.man

farming93 wrote: »
    Just seen on the tullow mart f. B page. 33kg mixed weather and ewe lambs speckled. €84. Over 50 in the lot. Some money for stores.
    Not really... Some cheap speckled ewe lambs there

Depending on the number of speckled ewe lambs in it though, if its half ewe lambs and half ram lambs it would work out expensive in my opinion. If you ended up slaughtering the ram lambs with commission, transport, dosing, feeding, mortality etc you'd struggle to break even by the time they're fit to kill. Later in the year you might pick up heavier ewe lambs for the same money.

Any factory prices this week - anyone send lambs last few days ?

Sami23 wrote: »
    Any factory prices this week - anyone send lambs last few days ?

Was quoted 5.20 at the start of the week + 10c quality assurance. Camolin.

farming93 wrote: »
    Was quoted 5.20 at the start of the week + 10c quality assurance. Camolin.

Thanks - dropping every week so.
    Did you send them

Yes I sent them in. Lamb prices apparently picked up by 3 and 4 euro a head for factory lambs this week in some marts.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,905 ✭✭✭Dickie10

sent 19 today at 5:30 to ICM Navan, happy with that price on stroke of July. have 70% gone now and going to wean the rest this week. the april lambers and hoggets with lambs will be left til late july to wean. should free up ground well.

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭FarmerDougal

Any more than 5.60r/5.70u to be got? Might rise a bit next week?

• Advertisement

They were 40c/kg less this week last year.
    It's surprising as there's higher numbers this year , 40000 more spring lambs killed this year so far than last year, could be a good year for lambs and stores are flying.
    €2/kg more than beef

Where you getting 5.70 that as only they were only 5.40 in Ballyhaunis yesterday ?

`

Is that a group price

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭Green farmer

wrangler wrote: »
    They were 40c/kg less this week last year.
    It's surprising as there's higher numbers this year , 40000 more spring lambs killed this year so far than last year, could be a good year for lambs and stores are flying.
    €2/kg more than beef

Price of lamb is strong in england. So its having an effect here

• Registered Users Posts: 4,198 ✭✭✭orm0nd

got text from agent €5.50 for tomorrow, we're at slurry on a long draw so haven't time to pull them until Sunday,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

• Registered Users Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭Lambman

Looking at prices off lambs being sold in marts there on Facebook this past few days there still serious money 33-35kg €90+... think I'm gonna get rid off what's left next week. Bound till be a crash on the way shortly.

https://www.fwi.co.uk/business/markets-and-trends/meat-prices/lamb-trade-slips-as-numbers-swell-at-market

Prices still.up on 5 year average.....great time to be a sheepfarmer getting e113 for 40 to 42 kg lambs in july at factory

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭stantheman1979

Lamb trade is flying at the moment. We sent nearly 300 lambs to factory this week. €5.60 averaged €115. Happy to get that price 1st week of July. Lambs and grass really pushing on last 10 days

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭Green farmer

Muslim festival of EID on at the end of the month. Factories will be trying to build up supplies for this also.

Advertisement