Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spring lamb prices

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Young95

Too early for many of them to be out but any nice fancy Suffolk x or Mountain x hoggets I have seen sold already in NW are up maybe 15 to 25 Euro apiece on last year.

As to be expected nice ewe lambs are up almost the same amount as well.

You are right about the Tullow type ewe....often had them myself and as culls they make great money.

Are they not big heavy ewes that usually only have a single lamb ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,198 ✭✭✭orm0nd

Cran wrote: »
    No dry hoggets topped 217 yesterday and few other bunch’s over 200, saying that saw nice pen bought at 185 last night

The ones, I'm referring to were sold at the end of the general sale yesterday . think it was 235 or 245

orm0nd wrote: »
    The ones, I'm referring to were sold at the end of the general sale yesterday . think it was 235 or 245

Stupid money

• Registered Users Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭Lambman

Its pedigree men buying them this time a year for receiptents most will unfortunately be opened down the side.

Any quotes for the week?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,784 Mod ✭✭✭✭Siamsa Sessions

Young95 wrote: »
    Any quotes for the week?

Got 5.60 in from Kildare today, not including QA

Trading as Sullivan’s Farm on YouTube

Good price but I’m hearing there will be a huge cut end of the week ? But could be the usual games either !!

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭FarmerDougal

That up to 21.5?

That up to 21.5?

No, just 21.0

This was our last 8 lambs of the year and they averaged 21.39kg so 3.2kg of free meat or €17's worth to the factory in total.

Not a nice feeling to give the price of nearly 2 bags of meal to them coz I didn't move the lambs a week earlier

• Registered Users Posts: 2,253 ✭✭✭Sami23

This was our last 8 lambs of the year and they averaged 21.39kg so 3.2kg of free meat or €17's worth to the factory in total.

What live weight were they before going ?

• Advertisement

Sami23 wrote: »
    What live weight were they before going ?

I doubt our scales is 100% accurate but they were showing 41-45kg when I weighed them a few days before they went. They were getting 0.4kg of meal for the last month and had access to creep before that. Out of nice CharTex rams as well. Ewes would be a mixture of Belclare-Texel, Llyns, and logie-mules

Between the rams and the creep, nearly all the lambs here killed out close to 50% this year. Some of the earliest ones were over that. I need to add up the cost of the meal though that we've fed since last December before I start celebrating.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

Not sure where all.these great prices are? Ballina today was pretty bad, prices down on last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,623 ✭✭✭White Clover

JJayoo wrote: »
    Not sure where all.these great prices are? Ballina today was pretty bad, prices down on last year.

Hearing good prices all over.
    24kg scotch ram lambs €49 in Kenmare.
    That's ok I think?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

With Eid 2 weeks after Easter next year, could be good money in lighter hoggets being finished around Easter.

https://www.donedeal.ie/sheep-for-sale/cahir-mart-online-sheep-sale/25422592

Cahir mart online tomorrow,always huge variety and something to suit every buyer there

https://www.donedeal.ie/sheep-for-sale/cahir-mart-online-sheep-sale/25422592

Cahir mart online tomorrow,always huge variety and something to suit every buyer there

Cahir was on to day, I sold a lock of stores , good trade

Cahir was on to day, I sold a lock of stores , good trade

Jesus....tell ya how long its been since i went there,used be on a wednesday last time,i was there

What price were 25-30 kg lambs making

Jesus....tell ya how long its been since i went there,used be on a wednesday last time,i was there

I wasn't there myself personally, only know our prices

39 kgs 97
    35 kgs 87

Called into roscrea sheep sale earlier on the way home from the factory

Wasn't let in as numbers by ringside were limited but chatting to a couple of people, trade well back on the week for stores, heavier lambs holding up better.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭ganmo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭Tileman

39 kgs 97
    35 kgs 87

Jeez nothing wrong with those prices. The lads that bought them won’t have much out of them but that’s not your problem

• Registered Users Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭MIKEKC

Only Tuesday past few weeks for Covid

• Registered Users Posts: 4,653 ✭✭✭Bleating Lamb

39 kgs 97
    35 kgs 87

Very good prices there Ormond,would say those 35kg lambs had a good cover on them so wouldn’t take an awful length of time for the buyer to put into factory weights if on good aftergrass.

What breed were the lambs?

Very good prices there Ormond,would say those 35kg lambs had a good cover on them so wouldn’t take an awful length of time for the buyer to put into factory weights if on good aftergrass.

What breed were the lambs?

Off texel x belclare ewes and by rouge and roubex rams.

• Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭jd06

39 kgs stores no meal 90 euro today
    Back from other weeks

5.35 upto 21kg (QA)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,142 ✭✭✭✭wrangler

5.35 upto 21kg (QA)

Yea, was talking to an agent yesterday , he said they were aiming for €5 for the end of the week

Base of 5.50 tomorrow in Kildare.

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭farming93

I'm 520 plus 10c for quality assurance in camolin.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,142 ✭✭✭✭wrangler

farming93 wrote: »
    I'm 520 plus 10c for quality assurance in camolin.

Camolin are quoting €5 plus QA in IFJ tomorrow, they'll always be leading the downward charge

Advertisement