Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spring lamb prices

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,321 ✭✭✭arctictree

Got €124 for 45kg wethers in Baltinglass earlier. Also, light lambs/stores seem to be doing very well.

• Registered Users Posts: 902 ✭✭✭leoch

Any quotes for week ahead

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭farming93

arctictree wrote: »
    Got €124 for 45kg wethers in Baltinglass earlier. Also, light lambs/stores seem to be doing very well.

Were they fleshed? What breed? Have a good few that weight i might let on.

farming93 wrote: »
    Were they fleshed? What breed? Have a good few that weight i might let on.

Was feeding them for the last 6 weeks. Llyen/Kerry hill cross, hard enough to finish...

• Registered Users Posts: 902 ✭✭✭leoch

6.35 ballyhanuis

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭memorystick

Getting €140 for Cheviot wethers about 50-55 kgs in the shed. Good or bad. Sold to him before and he’s the finest.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭Green farmer

Getting €140 for Cheviot wethers about 50-55 kgs in the shed. Good or bad. Sold to him before and he’s the finest.

Nothing wrong with that. If you brought them to factory, youd get a bit more, but take out the deductions, transport costs etc and youd be back down to the same or if one k.o'd slightly lighter, maybe less.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,533 ✭✭✭kk.man

I'd take it.. Those cheviots could kill awakard enough... No hassle driving or time wasting.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,002 ✭✭✭Kevhog1988

What weight are factory's paying up to?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,745 ✭✭✭Jjameson

Kevhog1988 wrote: »
    What weight are factory's paying up to?

23kg.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,905 ✭✭✭Dickie10

6;20 ICM NAVAN WED. going with 26 47-50kg

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭murrak123

147 a head for 54kg rams in elphin last night. Works out at just shy of 6.40

• Registered Users Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭Tileman

murrak123 wrote: »
    147 a head for 54kg rams in elphin last night. Works out at just shy of 6.40

Yea they seem to be back on the rise again.

yea will be a rise again for next few weeks. lambs are not there and trouble getting them from mainland UK which they usually did to keep a floor of around 5:30-50 in march/april. if they hadnt pulled them god knows what they would need to pay for spring lamb come april/may . could start at 8euro/kilo. i expect hoggets to be 6:80

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭OneMan37

arctictree wrote: »
    Was feeding them for the last 6 weeks. Llyen/Kerry hill cross, hard enough to finish...

Kerry hill have lovely faces. But can never see the attraction of the breed ?

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭mayoireland

Had 10 lambs at ballina mart on Tuesday weight 42 kgs sold for 135 eur0 they were ch ram lambs in good condition

OneMan37 wrote: »
    Kerry hill have lovely faces. But can never see the attraction of the breed ?

Neither can I now, rams are mad bastards!!

Sold mix of rams weather’s 52kg €142

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭farming93

Sold lambs to the factory mix of rams and weather's 45 to 57kg averaged 21.5 kg dead and 135 each. Most of the lambs would have been 47 kg and on meal.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,533 ✭✭✭kk.man

UK factory lamb/hogget at 6.15 gbp which is just over 7euro today.

• Advertisement

got 6:25 in ICM the other night, which was nice , was told 6:20

Dickie10 wrote: »
    got 6:25 in ICM the other night, which was nice , was told 6:20

After the January we had and the meal bill you wouldn’t be made up. But at least there’s a drink in it!

Jjameson wrote: »
    After the January we had and the meal bill you wouldn’t be made up. But at least there’s a drink in it!

only problem nowere to get a drink

• Registered Users Posts: 4,298 ✭✭✭Robson99

I'd imagine lambs will be up to 6.40 / 6.50 this week judging by whay they were making in the marts yesterday and today.

Robson99 wrote: »
    I'd imagine lambs will be up to 6.40 / 6.50 this week judging by whay they were making in the marts yesterday and today.

I would suggest to anyone to bring them to the mart and mix the bunch for weights. Make them buy all the kilos this way + commission. Show them the contempt they show us.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,250 ✭✭✭weatherbyfoxer

6.30 to 23 for next week in kildare...seem to be getting plenty of hill type hoggets in there last week

• Registered Users Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭epfff

640 is the best I could do.
    Gone this morning

epfff wrote: »
    640 is the best I could do.
    Gone this morning

Athleague ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭epfff

Robson99 wrote: »
    Athleague ?

Ballyhaunis.
    I drive by Athleague to get there. Its very rare I even phone athleague for a quote they always the lowest quote for me

• Advertisement

epfff wrote: »
    Ballyhaunis.
    I drive by Athleague to get there. Its very rare I even phone athleague for a quote they always the lowest quote for me

You will always see that. The local gets the two fingers and the lorry load from far away gets looked after.

Advertisement