Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spring lamb prices

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,193 ✭✭✭orm0nd

agent looking for lambs this week

hold tough if selling, ball is in your court

• Registered Users Posts: 4,614 ✭✭✭Bleating Lamb

rangler1 wrote: »
    I sent a load last Thursday. meal fed, weighed 39kg full...€112 before deductions,
    Our haulier's supposed to be upping the price as well

What would that be like compared to this time last year?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,497 ✭✭✭rangler1

What would that be like compared to this time last year?

Sold lambs around around the same week last year (22 may) for €122

orm0nd wrote: »
    agent looking for lambs this week

hold tough if selling, ball is in your court

I've heard 5.60 from a reliable source

I've heard 5.60 from a reliable source

5.60 +10 qa paying to 21.5

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,350 ✭✭✭Tomjim

51 kgs made 120 euro in mart

• Closed Accounts Posts: 740 ✭✭✭IH784man

What should I be looking for a good tight dry 3yr zwartble ewe

• Registered Users Posts: 1,524 ✭✭✭grassroot1

IH784man wrote: »
    What should I be looking for a good tight dry 3yr zwartble ewe

A lonely old man ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭arctictree

Any idea what I'd get for a batch of 40kg spring ewe lambs in the Mart? Bit short of cash so I might need to make an early trip.

arctictree wrote: »
    Any idea what I'd get for a batch of 40kg spring ewe lambs in the Mart? Bit short of cash so I might need to make an early trip.

bit early for farmer interest unless they are fancy & catches someone's eye

maybe 98 to 105 depending on quality

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭arctictree

orm0nd wrote: »
    bit early for farmer interest unless they are fancy & catches someone's eye

maybe 98 to 105 depending on quality

I'd be happy if I got over €100. PBNR Lleyns. Might try done deal, never gone down that route.

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭gazahayes

arctictree wrote: »
    I'd be happy if I got over €100. PBNR Lleyns. Might try done deal, never gone down that route.

Where abouts might be interested if there not too far away

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭early_riser

anyone any price for factory for this week? heard they were back in the mart today

anyone any price for factory for this week? heard they were back in the mart today

We had a bus load of farmers from the north here today and two guys from Linden foods were with them, they claimed that they are quoting £3.50/kg for next week....that's around the equivalent of €4.90 and linden is part of ICM

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭Green farmer

We had a bus load of farmers from the north here today and two guys from Linden foods were with them, they claimed that they are quoting £3.50/kg for next week....that's around the equivalent of €4.90 and linden is part of ICM

Is that because of the ongoing labelling thing ? Either way it ain't good news.

Is that because of the ongoing labelling thing ? Either way it ain't good news.

Just after hearing that ICM were quoting €5 today

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭Green farmer

Very frustrating reward for your years work

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭Willfarman

Just after hearing that ICM were quoting €5 today

No butchers worth a damn. Hacketstown closed bar a lorry bringing a few sheep to athleage. They can do what they like.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,350 ✭✭✭Tomjim

midweek I got 105 for 46 kgs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,244 ✭✭✭sea12

Tomjim wrote: »
    midweek I got 105 for 46 kgs

Your man from Icm in atheneum yesterday confirmed it was 5 euro from Monday. Down 0.60 in the week.

They are down at 5 euro 10 days earlier than last year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭farming93

Ive a good few lambs between 45 and 50kg I take it theres no point in holding onto these any longer or is there any chance prices might improve? Couldnt get rid of them till now due to work unfortunetely

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭early_riser

farming93 wrote: »
    Ive a good few lambs between 45 and 50kg I take it theres no point in holding onto these any longer or is there any chance prices might improve? Couldnt get rid of them till now due to work unfortunetely

very poor trade in mart this week. 46kg only making 91 or 92 euro, seen 52kg make 97. factory agents not present at local mart this week atall

• Registered Users Posts: 11,207 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

I had 44kg lambs only make 96 on Monday night. Might as well bring the next draft direct to Navan, case that's who was buying them anyway........

very poor trade in mart this week. 46kg only making 91 or 92 euro, seen 52kg make 97. factory agents not present at local mart this week atall

Black 60kg ewe made 105 tonight at the mart.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 id1

Down to £3.25 tonight and £3.15 for this friday
    22Kg lambs tonight in Markethill Circa £60-62!!!! for r3 lambs

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭fanadman1

Rumers of it being cut again on monday back to 4.60
    the sheep kill is about 10000 ahead of last year so this could explain the early drop in price

• Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭Mac Taylor

Sold 45kg lambs for €100 - Athenry, have the last few going tomorrow to the factory. 43kg quote is €4.80. Don't have a lot of them but glad to see the back of them.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭Western Pomise

Anyone see nice forward Suffolk x stores sold yet this year?....around 38-40kg....was thinking of showing some soon but by sound of things marts taking a kick back all week in trade.

Anyone see nice forward Suffolk x stores sold yet this year?....around 38-40kg....was thinking of showing some soon but by sound of things marts taking a kick back all week in trade.

Making around 70 up in b&s mart

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭Western Pomise

IH784man wrote: »
    Making around 70 up in b&s mart

Would hope to be getting closer to 80 for the lads at 40kg!...where is b&s mart?

Advertisement