Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spring lamb prices

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,207 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

Carrigallen last night, 10 @ 42kg , €85. (mixed bunch, ewe & ram lambs)

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭early_riser

Rang factory this morning, 4.50 all in up to 22kg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,614 ✭✭✭Bleating Lamb

orm0nd wrote: »
    heard €4.40 base

Jaysus that's a fair pull back.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭lenihankevin

Just sold 7 texel x Suffolk lambs to local butcher...born last week of February..average weight 51kg...got 110 euro. Happy enough...first ever crop of lambs..got no feeding.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭Willfarman

Just sold 7 texel x Suffolk lambs to local butcher...born last week of February..average weight 51kg...got 110 euro. Happy enough...first ever crop of lambs..got no feeding.

Happy days. Well done!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭Green farmer

Anyone hear prices for next week yet ?

Anyone hear prices for next week yet ?

Improved job. �� 4.70 I hear all in to 21.5 ICM.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,321 ✭✭✭razor8

From ifa website

More bite in lamb trade. Factories paying €4.80 to €5.00 to get lambs. UK prices strong at €5.00/kg.

Dig the heels in lads!

Got two factory quotes this evening € 4-60 and € 4-80. I got the feeling they were under abit of pressure to source lambs. After a months rain is there a shortage of slaughter fit lambs out there ? Add to that, is the ongoing trouble at british ports, leading to increased demand for irish lamb in france ?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭ganmo

Got two factory quotes this evening € 4-60 and € 4-80. I got the feeling they were under abit of pressure to source lambs. After a months rain is there a shortage of slaughter fit lambs out there ? Add to that, is the ongoing trouble at british ports, leading to increased demand for irish lamb in france ?

and talk of welsh farmers stopping selling too...so much for them trying to pull the price because of the farmers in france

• Advertisement

razor8 wrote: »
    From ifa website

More bite in lamb trade. Factories paying €4.80 to €5.00 to get lambs. UK prices strong at €5.00/kg.

Dig the heels in lads!

That IFA bull****e gets on my wick. A bit of transparency about their own accounting would be a good start!. Sell lambs as they come fit to the top weight is all a farmer can do. Digging is for the building site.

Willfarman wrote: »
    That IFA bull****e gets on my wick. A bit of transparency about their own accounting would be a good start!. Sell lambs as they come fit to the top weight is all a farmer can do. Digging is for the building site.

You not got any lambs ready!!

I've got more than base price many times by bargaining with factory guys often up to 20c more than they were quoting. In fairness I don't think many of us were expecting any significant lift so soon

You not got any lambs ready!!

I've got more than base price many times by bargaining with factory guys often up to 20c more than they were quoting. In fairness I don't think many of us were expecting any significant lift so soon

Going with lambs on Monday. 44. And I learned long and ever ago that you don't go to the ifa for a quote. And you would want 100 lambs + before you'd get an improvement of .20 cent!

Going with lambs on Monday. 44. And I learned long and ever ago that you don't go to the ifa for a quote. And you would want 100 lambs + before you'd get an improvement of .20 cent!

No ones getting a quote from ifa?? they just print quotes factories are paying every few days on their website

• Registered Users Posts: 2,230 ✭✭✭Sami23

Sold lambs yesterday, 48kgs and got 101euro for them. Was hoping for a bit more but couldn't get it. :(

No ones getting a quote from ifa?? they just print quotes factories are paying every few days on their website

So why don't they naMe the factory that's paying 5.00. As they claim. Crown of scuttering gobsheens. My quote is valid and I will stand over it back it up with a kill sheet on Wednesday. No one is getting anymore in ICM on Monday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,779 ✭✭✭paddysdream

So why don't they naMe the factory that's paying 5.00. As they claim. Crown of scuttering gobsheens. My quote is valid and I will stand over it back it up with a kill sheet on Wednesday. No one is getting anymore in ICM on Monday.

Not to put a dampener on it but got a wee bit more than 4.70 today in that factory.They were actively looking for lambs this week.

Not to put a dampener on it but got a wee bit more than 4.70 today in that factory.They were actively looking for lambs this week.

That's today though paddy!

I was quoted up to 21-5 kgs, for Monday. Anyone manage any better ?

I was quoted up to 21-5 kgs, for Monday. Anyone manage any better ?
    Alls I can get without travelling.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,779 ✭✭✭paddysdream

That's today though paddy!
    Expect that the price will be similar or better for Monday.

Not saying 5 euro is available but the trend is steady to slightly rising although lambs were bought at 4.40 the previous week when 4.60 to 4.70 was freely going.
    Told last night that 4.90 was paid(different factory,other side of country) this week to a few but who knows?
    The prices reported on IFA etc sites or papers are just what people say they recieved for stock.All depends on the honesty of the said farmers and you know how some people like to pretend they are always on a winner with the top price etc.

Even it's not the truth it gives us the excuse to push that bit harder when dealing with factory to get something extra from them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,244 ✭✭✭sea12

Even it's not the truth it gives us the excuse to push that bit harder when dealing with factory to get something extra from them

Got 4.90 incl QA bonus for yesterday. Not that many lambs around the place. Some of mine were more butchers than factory lambs and should have gone 2-3 weeks ago but there was only a few and was waiting to fill the trailer.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,193 ✭✭✭orm0nd

heard they (factories) are going to try to pull prices on Thurs/Fri

marts might be a better option if they try this, they have to source lmabs somewhere.

orm0nd wrote: »
    heard they (factories) are going to try to pull prices on Thurs/Fri

marts might be a better option if they try this, they have to source lmabs somewhere.

Heard the same. That's why I was told to drop them in last night as price was only guaranteed for today.

sea12 wrote: »
    Got 4.90 incl QA bonus for yesterday. Not that many lambs around the place. Some of mine were more butchers than factory lambs and should have gone 2-3 weeks ago but there was only a few and was waiting to fill the trailer.

I was done so! What factory and did you have to pay transport?

I was done so! What factory and did you have to pay transport?

Pm sent

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭AnFeirmeoir

went to mart with 2 small pens of nice but lightish ewe lambs. eid tagged them to try and hook some farmers.
    39kg suffolk ewe lambs - €95
    41kg BelclareX (white) ewe lambs were making €86 - didnt sell.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,908 ✭✭✭tabby aspreme

Tullow Mart looking for ram lambs 43--52 kgs 2€ / kg offered, no suffolks, eid tags, contact them by Monday lunchtime.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,237 ✭✭✭Username John

Tullow Mart looking for ram lambs 43--52 kgs 2€ / kg offered, no suffolks, eid tags, contact them by Monday lunchtime.

Why no Suffolks?

Advertisement