Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spring lamb prices

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭Willfarman

ganmo wrote: »
    Lots of sheep coming down from the north

Sterling is strong so the won't be that handy for them I would of thought?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,889 ✭✭✭Dickie10

what prices are on the go next week does anyone think? weighed lambs last sat i have about 15 at 50 kg to go, i want them all to kill 22kg+ , think i will just have to go next week though, price lift or not. starts getting uneconomical now

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭arctictree

Got €99 for 9 wether lambs at 49kg this morning in Baltinglass

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,244 ✭✭✭sea12

arctictree wrote: »
    Got €99 for 9 wether lambs at 49kg this morning in Baltinglass

4.80 up to 22 for me next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭Cran

sea12 wrote: »

Push hard was called yesterday shortage of supply. Was offered more and also on weights

• Advertisement

i was called yesterday to but didnt have anything well fleshed yet, i think they need a bit of meal feeding to put kill out weight on them

got average of 98 euro in factory last week , they were HD rams and ewe lambs 10 out of 12 were U3/4 without meal. im delighted with the Hampshire ram, these were out of lleyn x ewe lambs born in april

sea12 wrote: »

Mine averaged 99. Happy enough. Have more for 2 weeks hopefully price will be gone up more by then

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,497 ✭✭✭rangler1

Kepaks high quote in the journal today will put our group inspec price over €5/kg
    Must be no cartel in sheep factories at the moment.....TG

Anything you can do I can do better................

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭ganmo

Willfarman wrote: »

don't be teasing

Willfarman wrote: »

Kepak are really breaking ranks today,
    Must be a row in the camp, I wonder what they're really giving.
    ICM won't be too pleased......a lot of groups set their price by those quotes

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭Green farmer

Being quoted €4.90 for Monday up to 22.5 kg, but holding out for €5.00, anybody else get any quotes ?

4.90 22.5 kg Icm. It's needed now . Meal bill doesn't be long adding up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,779 ✭✭✭paddysdream

Being quoted €4.90 for Monday up to 22.5 kg, but holding out for €5.00, anybody else get any quotes ?

More than that paid on Friday and available for Monday.

Thanks paddy, First factory to give me the €5.00 will get them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,779 ✭✭✭paddysdream

At least 3 factories paid that on either Thursday or Friday to get lambs.That I can tell you for a fact as I got it and seen another return from a neighbour who sells to a different processor.
    That said it was for a substantial no. of lambs in each case.Price would be flat rate but inc. Bord Bia bonus(10 cent)

What factory was it?

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭jd06

Lambs in Ross 46 -106
    55 --117
    45-- 107
    Trade is up

At least 3 factories paid that on either Thursday or Friday to get lambs.That I can tell you for a fact as I got it and seen another return from a neighbour who sells to a different processor.
    That said it was for a substantial no. of lambs in each case.Price would be flat rate but inc. Bord Bia bonus(10 cent)

yea I'd say mine will be 5.02 and 5.12 for Rs and Us, sent them on thurs.
    Hope Kepak keep leading the charge now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭ganmo

rangler1 wrote: »
    yea I'd say mine will be 5.02 and 5.12 for Rs and Us, sent them on thurs.
    Hope Kepak keep leading the charge now

I hope icm try and keep up

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭AnFeirmeoir

Great prices in mountbellew today. Finished lambs about 110 to 115
    Sold 40kg weather's for 95eur

Think I sold mine at the start of the week too early. Ah well another load will be ready in 2 weeks. Hopefully the price will be up another bit by then

Lambs booked in at €5.00 for tomorrow morning, inc qa. Freely available in different factories .

Lambs booked in at €5.00 for tomorrow morning, inc qa. Freely available in different factories .

Hopefully they'll keep moving now, got €107 - €3 expenses for 45kg for last weeks lambs, 5 out of 21 overfat so want to be watching that now, have another load this week a bit lighter but fat enough

rangler1 wrote: »
    Hopefully they'll keep moving now, got €107 - €3 expenses for 45kg for last weeks lambs, 5 out of 21 overfat so want to be watching that now, have another load this week a bit lighter but fat enough

€110 thurs for 44kg, month on meal and killed out at 48.5%
    av €5.15/kg,

That's a great k.o rate rangler. I've to get mine up nearer 50kg to get near the 22kg k.o. mark.

That's a great k.o rate rangler. I've to get mine up nearer 50kg to get near the 22kg k.o. mark.

Ramlmbs here def have to be north of 50 kg to die 22 at minute. Nice tight ewe lambs are ok @ 48.

They're eating 1.25kg meal/day now so they'd need to, I definitely think they're better off in in this weather, disappointed with their daily weight gain, haven't worked it out yet but it's not 2kg/wk.
    A third of them were over fat, they were mostly Us and the U price was 5.22 so you can see the harm the over fats do.
    Going to drop the weight to 42 kg this week

• Advertisement

Tell ye one thing lads, it's easier buying bags of meal at the moment now that prices are improving , then what it was a month ago. I'm mealing ewe lambs, cause I find it harder to get them up to weight , because of their naturally smaller frame. have ram lambs on some excess grass, so long may that last.
    Do you meal them twice a day or ab lib rangler ?

Advertisement