Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spring lamb prices

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,321 ✭✭✭razor8

I'm surprised with kill out too, not many achieving that atm I would think, are they mostly a vendeen cross or off your lleyns? Do you weigh morning or evening?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,497 ✭✭✭rangler1

razor8 wrote: »
    I'm surprised with kill out too, not many achieving that atm I would think, are they mostly a vendeen cross or off your lleyns? Do you weigh morning or evening?

Vendeens out of probably five eighth bred lleyn ewelambs. they're not big enough so going over fat, That's why I'm not going for 22kg. Weigh after elevenses, so they have their breakfast got.
    Green, I'm still using the creep feeder.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭Green farmer

Without part of a buying group, does any one else here get a added bonus on grading in factory ? I just get the best QA rate I can on the day but never a U grade bonus.

Without part of a buying group, does any one else here get a added bonus on grading in factory ? I just get the best QA rate I can on the day but never a U grade bonus.

You'd hardly believe it but we have guys leaving us at the moment,

I suppose different people have different reasons for being in and out of groups, but ye do seem to be getting the extra sweetener on top of what the factory pays the ordinary lad.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,244 ✭✭✭sea12

Anyone got prices for this week?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,244 ✭✭✭weatherbyfoxer

480+ bonuses in kildare chilling

480+ bonuses in kildare chilling

Thought they would be higher than that this week . Is the wet weather turning out more lambs?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭ganmo

sea12 wrote: »
    Thought they would be higher than that this week . Is the wet weather turning out more lambs?

it looks to me like they want to do their best to not break the €5 mark

You've hit the nail on the head ganmo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,779 ✭✭✭paddysdream

Phone call at 7 tonight looking for lambs for the morning.5.10 inc. qa to 22.5.Nothing fit here for another week/10 days though.

Phone call at 7 tonight looking for lambs for the morning.5.10 inc. qa to 22.5.Nothing fit here for another week/10 days though.

That's a bit more like it. Have some ready in a week or so myself. Hopefully price will continue to rise

• Registered Users Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭Cran

Good to hear, lambs in 3 bunches here and the ones fit I've sat on for 2 weeks now as didn't think weight to 23 would be an issue and I wanted over 5 to 23kg might get it this weekend.

Any prices for Monday?

Any prices for Monday?

Anyone get actual prices this week. Just been quoted 5.90 plus qa up to 22.5kg. Thought it would be more. Will let them off early next week. Would let them go this week only for work. Not thriving in this weather. At best holding their own

Anyone get actual prices this week. Just been quoted 5.90 plus qa up to 22.5kg. Thought it would be more. Will let them off early next week. Would let them go this week only for work. Not thriving in this weather. At best holding their own
    '
    If you're getting 5.90, you can bring 50 of mine as well

rangler1 wrote: »
    '
    If you're getting 5.90, you can bring 50 of mine as well

I wishðŸ˜႒ Big fingers on a small phone. 4.90 it should say

Damn, I was going to pull out anything left here to make up numbers as well. Even if they only had 3 legs they would have went. :D anything that made a baa sound would have gone in trailer. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭Willfarman

5.05 to 22.5 Icm on Tuesday.

Willfarman wrote: »
    5.05 to 22.5 Icm on Tuesday.

Did that include qa bonus will.

• Advertisement

Did that include qa bonus will.

All in flat.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,193 ✭✭✭orm0nd

5.10 flat paying to 23 kgs Kildale 3 for ewes

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭arctictree

Got €92.5 for 43kg wether lambs today in Baltinglass. Trade seemed good but lots of lambs around the 40kg mark.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,779 ✭✭✭paddysdream

Any prices this week?
    Went with some early in the week at 5.10 to 23 kgs and getting the same for tonight/tomorrow.
    Factories trying to buy at 5 euro and seem to be getting a good few lambs at this price.

Any prices this week?
    Went with some early in the week at 5.10 to 23 kgs and getting the same for tonight/tomorrow.
    Factories trying to buy at 5 euro and seem to be getting a good few lambs at this price.

Sold early in week at 5.10 up to 23 as well

A good few northern lambs in Icm this week. They can't be cheap... big issue with wet dirty lambs this weather. Where a few weeks ago the ffers were cutting 4 euro for shorn lambs this week they're looking for them.

Willfarman wrote: »

weeks ago the ffers were cutting 4 euro for shorn lambs this week they're looking for them.

€4 , That's pure messing

€4 , That's pure messing

Sounds worse than it is, they didn't penalise last year after they were six weeks shorn, so you could work around it...ie just shear the lambs that were with you for the long haul

rangler1 wrote: »

Sounds worse than it is, they didn't penalise last year after they were six weeks shorn, so you could work around it...ie just shear the lambs that were with you for the long haul

I misread the original post. I thought they were penalising for lambs that were wet and dirty around the tail end. It's something that I've never been penalised for, but subconsciously worry about sometimes when I go to slaughter. Especially in this weather .

• Advertisement

Charging .60 cent for clipping them.

Advertisement