Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spring lamb prices

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭Green farmer

sea12 wrote: »
    Any prices for lamb this week

Have a trailer full here. Was quoted 5-60 on Friday for today and tomorrow. if I could get abit more would leave them off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,244 ✭✭✭sea12

Have a trailer full here. Was quoted 5-60 on Friday for today and tomorrow. if I could get abit more would leave them off.

Have 17 myself. Just tiring to maximise the return at this stage. Won't be much profit left from them. Think they hit around 6.30 early March last year.

Sold the trailer full load on Thursday. Got € 5-65 a kilo in factory,so happy enough. The meal cost was starting to add up and wanted to concentrate on lambing season. Have only a handful of ewe lambs left knocking around that I'll offload in a few weeks.

Sold the trailer full load on Thursday. Got € 5-65 a kilo in factory,so happy enough. The meal cost was starting to add up and wanted to concentrate on lambing season. Have only a handful of ewe lambs left knocking around that I'll offload in a few weeks.

Have mine going Monday. 5.65. Same as yourself meal was starting to add up and think they were going to thrive as much as they have.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭kk.man

Yes got 5.65 last week.. What price was to be had this week?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭Willfarman

5.70 in Icm but I hear of 5.80 for Wexford lambs going to Kildare.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,706 ✭✭✭Birdnuts

Anyone want to speculate on the Easter trade this year?? Speaking to a few lads who do early lambing recently and its proving to be a harrowing season trying to put condition on these animals in terms of hardship and costs. Coccidious appears to be rife too:(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭arctictree

Lads - any idea when old season lamb prices will hold until? I have a batch of lambs that I am holding out on.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭ganmo

arctictree wrote: »
    Lads - any idea when old season lamb prices will hold until? I have a batch of lambs that I am holding out on.

It holds until the spring lambs become readily available, should be ok mid April'ish but maybe different this year with early Easter. The other thing to keep an eye on is the hoggets getting the two front teeth. Some lads had their old season lamb reduced down to cull ewe prices last year, if they met a department vet having a bad day.

• Advertisement

Got 5.75 last week for hoggets.. Any news this week on price?

Any prices for next week ?

Any prices for next week ?

Any updates ? I read price is back this week:confused:

Any updates ? I read price is back this week:confused:

No mine are all gone green. See on Agri land they are down 10 -15 cents

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,237 ✭✭✭Username John

No mine are all gone green. See on Agri land they are down 10 -15 cents

Acourse they are - I was going to go with a few (cull ewe and some dry lambs) this week...

It only makes sense the week I'd be thinking of going that they'd drop... :(

;)

Acourse they are - I was going to go with a few (cull ewe and some dry lambs) this week...

It only makes sense the week I'd be thinking of going that they'd drop... :(

;)

I know that feeling

I know that feeling

Took € 5-60 in offer today for loose ends knocking around the place. Glad to see back of them. Can concentrate on lambing now.

• Registered Users Posts: 898 ✭✭✭leoch

Why the drop in thought sheep were flying and would for a while yet at least till easter

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭MD1983

Anybody selling lately and if so what price did you get and from what factory?!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭ganmo

MD1983 wrote: »
    Anybody selling lately and if so what price did you get and from what factory?!

Price dropped last week, back up this week from Icm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,286 ✭✭✭Robson99

ganmo wrote: »
    Price dropped last week, back up this week from Icm

What are ICM ? Kepak 5.70 for next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,262 ✭✭✭Farrell

Got €127 for 44Kg Spring lamb, even lambs @ 56Kg weren't making any more

Farrell wrote: »
    Got €127 for 44Kg Spring lamb, even lambs @ 56Kg weren't making any more

How much meal have you fed them to get to that weight

How much meal have you fed them to get to that weight
    Put the 2nd bag in the feeder at the weekend. He was on good dry ground that was kept from October, I'll keep his twin (ewe) for breeding

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭MD1983

sold 40 store lambs to kildare chilling last week, €5.80 per KG up to 23.5kg. average price achieved €127

• Registered Users Posts: 898 ✭✭✭leoch

MD1983 wrote: »
    sold 40 store lambs to kildare chilling last week, €5.80 per KG up to 23.5kg. average price achieved €127

I left lambs to a man this evening he is taking them to Wexford says they are only paying 5.70???

leoch wrote: »
    I left lambs to a man this evening he is taking them to Wexford says they are only paying 5.70???

I gave keypak athleague 50 lambs this evening got 5.75 flat

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭DK man

Any update on lamb prices. I was at the sales in cootehill last Wednesday and very few springs. But the small numbers weren't making decent money. 2 lovely Suffolk ram lambs weighing 50kgs only made 131. 3 33kgs lambs were withdrawn after a bid of just €88.

The big interest seemed to be on last seasons lambs weighing 45kgs plus and cull ewes were doing ok. I lambed in mid Jan - glad I didn't bother starting in early December....

DK man wrote: »
    Any update on lamb prices. I was at the sales in cootehill last Wednesday and very few springs. But the small numbers weren't making decent money. 2 lovely Suffolk ram lambs weighing 50kgs only made 131. 3 33kgs lambs were withdrawn after a bid of just €88.

The big interest seemed to be on last seasons lambs weighing 45kgs plus and cull ewes were doing ok. I lambed in mid Jan - glad I didn't bother starting in early December....
    Seams to be the same for the last few years that last season is preferred to spring lamb at Easter cos they're not heavy enough & once you get a bit of weight on them they're not wanted either as too heavy.
    Hard to win

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 740 ✭✭✭IH784man

DK man wrote: »

But they missed the Easter trade,if they were for sale the Easter week it would have been a different story

Advertisement