Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spring lamb prices

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭Willfarman

Have 19 goin to kildare tonight for the morning at 475c to 22.5kg..

Thanks for that

• Registered Users Posts: 4,286 ✭✭✭Robson99

That for QA weatherby ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,244 ✭✭✭weatherbyfoxer

Robson99 wrote: »

That for QA weatherby ?

Yep...avaraged 104..some over weight. the few 50kg lambs killed at 25kg next week anything 46kg+ is going. Adlib meal really increases the KO...constant learning curve finishing lambs

That for QA weatherby ?

Yep...avaraged 104..some over weight. the few 50kg lambs killed at 25kg next week anything 46kg+ is going. Adlib meal really increases the KO...constant learning curve finishing lambs

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭cattle man

Did you have them housed or outside

• Advertisement

Outside in a paddock.next year I'll sheer them and shed them and adlib them for 6 weeks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,497 ✭✭✭rangler1

Often said it here, for a short term feed, ad lib meal puts on nearly a kilo DW for every kilo LW.
    Had a hindquarte on a lamb condemned in the load yesterday and he wasn't even lame....wonder what that was

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭Green farmer

rangler1 wrote: »

Had a hindquarte on a lamb condemned in the load yesterday and he wasn't even lame....wonder what that was

Bruising ?

Any prices for next week?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 740 ✭✭✭IH784man

Do factory's accept lambs with a broken leg?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,244 ✭✭✭sea12

IH784man wrote: »
    Do factory's accept lambs with a broken leg?

If it can walk / hobble off the trailer they should accept it. Might reject part of lamb though if it's swollen or bruised. Try get it in first thing in morning if u can. Don't leave it in pain.

4hr trip to factory here be a sore enough on him,thinking about butchering him for our own freezer and get something back on him,would there be nice/big cuts of meat on 38kg horned x lamb?

• Registered Users Posts: 259 ✭✭buffalobilly

IH784man wrote: »
    4hr trip to factory here be a sore enough on him,thinking about butchering him for our own freezer and get something back on him,would there be nice/big cuts of meat on 38kg horned x lamb?

no

I may aswell get something of him rather than putting him down

• Registered Users Posts: 1,779 ✭✭✭paddysdream

Offered 4.80 to 23kgs today.Same as i got last week.Anyone getting anything better?Most factories seem to be on this for the week so far

Offered 4.80 to 23kgs today.Same as i got last week.Anyone getting anything better?Most factories seem to be on this for the week so far

Have 20 to go this week but can't get time with work. Hopefully will manage to get them off done evening during week

sea12 wrote: »
    Have 20 to go this week but can't get time with work. Hopefully will manage to get them off done evening during week

Cant see them dropping in price for a couple of weeks yet

Yea it's more they are fit to go now do no pint feeding meal to them. Still have a few left after that

Historical data would indicate that they'll continue to rise from here on out and we've passed the worst of it. Have a batch going to the butcher this week as well, so hoping the €4-80 barrier will have given way by then.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,108 ✭✭✭davidk1394

Have 90 fit to go here. Pushing for 4.90 to 5. Being pretty optimistic but we'll see tomorrow

• Advertisement

davidk1394 wrote: »
    Have 90 fit to go here. Pushing for 4.90 to 5. Being pretty optimistic but we'll see tomorrow

And rightly so. Don't know about you but mine are carrying a lot of added overheads. They've swallowed a lot of meal to get them to here .

And rightly so. Don't know about you but mine are carrying a lot of added overheads. They've swallowed a lot of meal to get them to here .

Same here on ration since October. Tis about time for them to go

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭Willfarman

Stores should get a lift with lads looking to graze rape from next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭kk.man

davidk1394 wrote: »
    Same here on ration since October. Tis about time for them to go

+1 I weighted mine Saturday they averaged 45kgs....very disappointed on meal a while too.

kk.man wrote: »
    +1 I weighted mine Saturday they averaged 45kgs....very disappointed on meal a while too.

Would they k.o near 50% with that amount of meal ?

Have 21 to go here...480 to 22kg was first offer from Mr sunshine&happiness in kildare...waiting for a call back with somting better...would like to get 23kgs to be honest

• Registered Users Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭ganmo

from Mr sunshine&happiness in kildare...

Haha he has a unique phone manner alright

Not good fat score on their backs...

ganmo wrote: »
    Haha he has a unique phone manner alright

Aren't they all the same (factories procurement management)...manners in short supply...they are making money from your stock...at least abit of professional attitude is required...it doesn't cost anything to be nice..of big supermarkets arrive on their premises they lay the red carpet out

• Advertisement

Getting 4.80 off ICM and 4.85 off an independent slaughter house. Weighed all the lambs. Avg weight is 45-46 and the beltex lambs are 43. Going by the last lads we're expecting a kill out of 52-53%. Have a few ram lambs and large butcher lambs that are 50-55kg. The lighter lambs are heading to ICM in the morning

Advertisement