Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spring lamb prices

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭adam14

kk.man wrote:
    Aren't they all the same (factories procurement management)...manners in short supply...they are making money from your stock...at least abit of professional attitude is required...it doesn't cost anything to be nice..of big supermarkets arrive on their premises they lay the red carpet out

In fairness it's a pretty cr#p job so they probably hate doing it

• Registered Users Posts: 4,108 ✭✭✭davidk1394

Just home from Camolin there now. had the lambs below at 3.25. Not a lamb below, the minute they went in they were straight up the line. Lamb supplies must be getting scarce when i was leaving nothing went in after me. The avg weight was 22kgs. Got €4.85 off them below in the office and the average price was just over €106 before deductions

• Registered Users Posts: 4,287 ✭✭✭Robson99

Any quotes for next week?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,244 ✭✭✭sea12

Robson99 wrote: »
    Any quotes for next week?

4.80 incl qa. Had lambs to go this evening but agent rang back to say to leave them until tomo night as factory was full.
    Had the lambs in the pen. Trailer hooked up and all. Pain in the arse as work during week and it's handier to do it on a Sunday night and be done with it for the week.

Everyone else must have the same idea 😉

sea12 wrote: »
    4.80 incl qa. Had lambs to go this evening but agent rang back to say to leave them until tomo night as factory was full.
    Had the lambs in the pen. Trailer hooked up and all. Pain in the arse as work during week and it's handier to do it on a Sunday night and be done with it for the week.

Everyone else must have the same idea 😉

Ya heard some factories full for Mon and Tuesday. Dont see them going up any more before xmas

• Advertisement

Ya heard some factories full for Mon and Tuesday. Dont see them going up any more before xmas

The week between Xmas and New Years can often be good. Supply is scarce and can be with a few euro.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,497 ✭✭✭rangler1

Yea our group sent double the usual last week for this time of year, there seems to be lots of lambs still out there

Any update on factory prices?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,779 ✭✭✭paddysdream

Any update on factory prices?
    4.80 today inc QA seems to be about the run of it.Some offering,and getting lambs at 4.75.

4.80 today inc QA seems to be about the run of it.Some offering,and getting lambs at 4.75.

Yea I was the same. Got 4.80. Killed out well. Would want to considering the meal they ate. Average 99 so happy enough

• Advertisement

sea12 wrote: »
    Yea I was the same. Got 4.80. Killed out well. Would want to considering the meal they ate. Average 99 so happy enough
    Talks of a 5 cent drop with some but most still on 4.80 all week.
    Lambs killing exceptionally well here for the last 6 weeks or so ,which makes a huge contrast with August/September.
    If my scales are accurate then easily passing 50%.Know they are on ad lib but even so most of these would be the poorest thriving lambs obv.Finding have to go at 43 plus to prevent too many going overweight.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,244 ✭✭✭weatherbyfoxer

Got Weekly price text from our group to day...price seems to be back 10c on last week!

4.70 best offer ICM

• Registered Users Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭kk.man

Got 4.70 this evening from Athleague.

Brought lambs to Camolin got €4.80 a kg up to 22.5kg

kk.man wrote: »
    Got 4.70 this evening from Athleague.

Up to 22.5kg??

• Registered Users Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭kk.man

Up to 22.5kg??

To 23kg

Up to 22.5kg??

if you have a lamb carcass weighing 23.5kg they will only pay you for 22.5 kgs and take the other kg off you without getting paid

davidk1394 wrote: »
    if you have a lamb carcass weighing 23.5kg they will only pay you for 22.5 kgs and take the other kg off you without getting paid

I know just wondering was it 22, 22.5 or 23kgs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 740 ✭✭✭IH784man

What's the prices looking like for the next week or 2,fall or stay steady?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭Green farmer

Got quoted €4-70 inc qa in kildare. Think they'll be staying put in field until new year.

Got quoted €4-70 inc qa in kildare. Think they'll be staying put in field until new year.
    That's a bit back as they were paying 4.75 all last week.Just after dosing the last ones here this morning so they will be here till 2017 regardless.Can't imagine any major increase for a few weeks so will be a case of just going when they are fit regardless of price.
    No point in keeping a lamb till he kills 25kgs just to get a 10 cent per kilo price rise.Bit of a false economy.

Ya I know, just feels like a kick in the teeth after the money put into em. We'll just have to hold faith that things will improve as the spring goes on and the price of the later lambs makes up for the disappointing prices now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,497 ✭✭✭rangler1

Ya I know, just feels like a kick in the teeth after the money put into em. We'll just have to hold faith that things will improve as the spring goes on and the price of the later lambs makes up for the disappointing prices now.

Last ten lambs going here on thursday, i'll be delighted to be finished,

• Registered Users Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭charolais0153

Sent last 2 lambs to mart last sat two weeks 90£ ,was delighted ...lowest price we got all year and a lamb with broken leg and pet gone

• Registered Users Posts: 3,889 ✭✭✭Dickie10

brought 10 to navan got 4.70 to 23 kg , i think they were av around 21.5 but looked like nice carcases, lambs from ewe lambs/hoggets in april. happy enough if i get 100

4.75 ICM Camolin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 740 ✭✭✭IH784man

From other years,does the price rise in the new year?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭charolais0153

IH784man wrote: »
    From other years,does the price rise in the new year?

Last year and the year before they were 550c/kg on first of feb

• Advertisement

Any quotes for this week ?

Advertisement