Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spring lamb prices

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭Willfarman

farming93 wrote: »
    Prices were poor today in the mart lambs struggled to make 2 euro a kilo. I brought some factory fit lambs but took them home with me , I bought a few good long speckled suffolk hoggets for 150 which I thought was a bargain for their quality.

Carnew? There was some great value in the hogget ring.. but wasn't stopping the hogget men buying replacement in the main ring for giving some e saucey prices for nice ewe lambs. 37 kg Suffolk cheviot lambs @100.

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭farming93

Willfarman wrote: »
    Carnew? There was some great value in the hogget ring.. but wasn't stopping the hogget men buying replacement in the main ring for giving some e saucey prices for nice ewe lambs. 37 kg Suffolk cheviot lambs @100.
    Yes it was carnew! Anyone with ewe lambs were getting a premium price for them alright!

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭adam14

Any prices from anyone? It seems they have dropped a lot?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭ganmo

470 base down from 490 last week

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭mcgiggles

Sold lambs in Elphin last night 44kg average for 93 and 47kg average for 99 a piece. Some serious big lambs up there (heard a few 52kgs and 57kg) only 50kg+ went for over the 100

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,625 ✭✭✭White Clover

mcgiggles wrote: »
    Sold lambs in Elphin last night 44kg average for 93 and 47kg average for 99 a piece. Some serious big lambs (heard a few 52kgs and 57kg one of them was) only 50kg+ went for over the 100

Always nice to be getting them away. When were them lads born?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭mcgiggles

Always nice to be getting them away. When were them lads born?

Yeah with the prices we were seeing up there we were happy to get what we got. They were end of March I think. Would have to double check with himself. Much better prices a few weeks ago when we had a bunch ready to go then. Cant remember the weights but think about the 44 average and got 110 or so for them

• Registered Users Posts: 4,625 ✭✭✭White Clover

mcgiggles wrote: »
    Yeah with the prices we were seeing up there we were happy to get what we got. They were end of March I think. Would have to double check with himself. Much better prices a few weeks ago when we had a bunch ready to go then. Cant remember the weights but think about the 44 average and got 110 or so for them

Ya, know what you're saying. Tis our first year with a few Sheep in about 20 years so I'd always be asking questions like that to try and gauge where we're at!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭Green farmer

Any price updates ? heard they're after getting a bounce in the last day or two.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭charolais0153

Any price updates ? heard they're after getting a bounce in the last day or two.

Averaged 107 OR 108 on monday

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,321 ✭✭✭razor8

Just got a text that base for Monday is €4.60. Anyone else get a quote?

The bustards.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭ganmo

razor8 wrote: »
    Just got a text that base for Monday is €4.60. Anyone else get a quote?

Ditto

• Registered Users Posts: 3,905 ✭✭✭Dickie10

4:60 navan thursday. do u know what thier paying to ? iss it 21.5kg or 22kg?

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭cattle man

Dickie10 wrote: »
    4:60 navan thursday. do u know what thier paying to ? iss it 21.5kg or 22kg?

21.5 last week anyway

4.60 plus 10 for Qa?

4.70 plus 10 icm

Getting 4.80 all in, to 21kg, anyone getting better ? Your imagine fit lambs must be scarce after the Eid festival cleaned a lot of stock out of the market.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭Lambman

Wat factory is that? Thought most pay till 22kg this time a year 4.60 a kg till 22kg would come in the same money

• Registered Users Posts: 3,536 ✭✭✭kk.man

Getting 4.80 all in, to 21kg, anyone getting better ? Your imagine fit lambs must be scarce after the Eid festival cleaned a lot of stock out of the market.

Plus farmers buying a lot of ewe lambs for mad money !

• Advertisement

Haven't gone yet, but that's what they quoted me. I'll pm you the factory name.

4.70 is as good as I've heard. To 21.5.

Willfarman wrote: »
    4.70 is as good as I've heard. To 21.5.

I know the weight limit is balancing it out on this occasion, but unfortunately wouldn't be the first time a certain south east factory's official price quotes would be 10c a kilo off the pace of its competition.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,497 ✭✭✭rangler1

I know the weight limit is balancing it out on this occasion, but unfortunately wouldn't be the first time a certain south east factory's official price quotes would be 10c a kilo off the pace of its competition.

Was down in that factory in the south east today, suppliers were claiming 4.85 to 21.5

Keep an eye on the weekly Ifa price updates. More likely then not, their usually at the bottom. Kepak and Kildare usually lead it.

Keep an eye on the weekly Ifa price updates. More likely then not, their usually at the bottom. Kepak and Kildare usually lead it.

Don't know why they do that, it really annoys our group, We just ignore their quotes now
    We got €104 for lambs today....46 -48 KG LIVE

Was at a factory Friday. A huge artic pulled in ahead of everyone. Apparently had 480 lambs on board, over 3 levels. Meant None else could offload for a few hours. first time I got stuck behind one and made our jeep trailers of lambs look tiny.

Was at a factory Friday. A huge artic pulled in ahead of everyone. Apparently had 480 lambs on board, over 3 levels. Meant None else could offload for a few hours. first time I got stuck behind one and made our jeep trailers of lambs look tiny.

Our groups three lorries came in at the same time on thursday, 1200 sheep, at least the factory had all the small suppliers warned to come early......we delayed no one and the next farmer just arrived as we had the last deck emptied

rangler1 wrote:
    Our groups three lorries came in at the same time on thursday, 1200 sheep, at least the factory had all the small suppliers warned to come early......we delayed no one and the next farmer just arrived as we had the last deck emptied

I find its best to leave them in at night time. No delays there

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,338 ✭✭✭DJ98

adam14 wrote: »
    I find its best to leave them in at night time. No delays there

Is it true that lambs can lose upto 2kgs if housed the night before going to mart or factory?

Advertisement