Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spring lamb prices

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,750 Mod ✭✭✭✭Siamsa Sessions

Thanks for that. Fingers crossed!

Will let ya know when the cheque arrives next week what way it went

They were killed as hoggets last Friday so got 6.40 for them, averaging 118 Euro each.

Tis bizarre really, how the "market" dictates so much: two poorly fleshed hoggets make more than what the finest of lambs will make in three month's time.

But sure what can you do...

Trading as Sullivan’s Farm on YouTube

• Registered Users Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭Lambman

Would there be any issues sending a ewe that lost her lamb till the factory she's not long lambed but is in good condition and I'd imagine worth more as a fat ewe than a foster ewe as she's a 4 year old.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭tom_k

Lambman wrote: »
    Would there be any issues sending a ewe that lost her lamb till the factory she's not long lambed but is in good condition and I'd imagine worth more as a fat ewe than a foster ewe as she's a 4 year old.

Can't see any problem once shes outside the withdrawal dates of any medicines administered.

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭Duke92

Anyone hear any prices for hoggets this week

• Registered Users Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭ganmo

IrelandLambmeatPricesYTD1.gif?guid=20180515133937
    looking good so far

I pull this graph too to see how this year was comparing to previous years
    LambPrices_20180515014309.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭early_riser

E7 still to be got this week for spring lamb anyone know?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭charolais0153

E7 still to be got this week for spring lamb anyone know?

6.9 -7.00

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭Willfarman

Got 146 for 50 kg for my New year suprise lamb last week in carnew.

What weight lads getting paid up to? Have killed some the last few weeks getting up to 20kg. Just looked up the ifa website for price update and it says up to 21.5kg, is this available anywhere?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,996 ✭✭✭Hard Knocks

Got €140 for 50kg in the mart

• Advertisement

To 21 in ballyhaunis

Ave weight 19.7
    ave price 7.05.
    Ranged from 6.85-7.15.
    138 ave

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭stantheman1979

Ave weight 19.7
    ave price 7.05.
    Ranged from 6.85-7.15.
    138 ave
    Not to be sniffed at. Makes the hardship this spring worth it. Well a little anyway haha :)

Not to be sniffed at. Makes the hardship this spring worth it. Well a little anyway haha :)

All downhill from here though:(.

Yeah prices will start to drop which is a shame good producers are not rewarded for having lambs fit in under 15 weeks. It’s not encouraging people to put the effort into them. Yet hoggets making €130 this spring!! Madness or maybe I’m just jealous I had none left :)

All downhill from here though:(.
    Any chance it won’t be as fast or as far downhill this year with less lambs on the ground due to harsh Spring?

Yeah prices will start to drop which is a shame good producers are not rewarded for having lambs fit in under 15 weeks. It’s not encouraging people to put the effort into them. Yet hoggets making €130 this spring!! Madness or maybe I’m just jealous I had none left :)

Sold a ewe hogget that had 2 lambs but got mastitis...came into 140.same price as spring lamb....madness

Any chance it won’t be as fast or as far downhill this year with less lambs on the ground due to harsh Spring?
    When’s Ramadan over?

Ya your right. Was getting 15e less this time last year. Itll still be above 6.50 at first week of june id say

When’s Ramadan over?

16-June so I’m guessing there might be a sharp drop from a week beforehand, when supplies are sorted in the run up to it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,127 ✭✭✭✭wrangler

16-June so I’m guessing there might be a sharp drop from a week beforehand, when supplies are sorted in the run up to it

Kepak quoting 6.40, that's 50c down in a week, they're even lower than ICM

wrangler wrote: »
    Kepak quoting 6.40, that's 50c down in a week, they're even lower than ICM

Yeah sold some monday E7 and had a couple this morning that i weighed monday and were heavier than i taught only got 6.60... to be down to 6.40 next week seemly, nice drop in a week

• Registered Users Posts: 11,127 ✭✭✭✭wrangler

Yeah sold some monday E7 and had a couple this morning that i weighed monday and were heavier than i taught only got 6.60... to be down to 6.40 next week seemly, nice drop in a week

Yea I was in ICM camolin today with our groups lambs....not looking good for next weeks price alright.
    Lorry driver said the lairage was packed last night at 11oc when he brought the first load but they seemed to be waiting for us when we arrived with the second load at one oclock today...they mightn't be that plentiful yet

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭farming93

I haven't seen many farm's with fit lambs yet all the lads that used to have the early lamb are mainly mid to late lambing now . I'll hopefully have some to draft off in about two weeks time and I'll put the rest on the silage after grass which usually makes them burst on .

Anyone try or going to the Wicklow exporters

• Registered Users Posts: 2,321 ✭✭✭razor8

is it not still early for them this year?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭arctictree

Anyone try or going to the Wicklow exporters

Is that 'Roundwood Park Livestock'? I see a bit about then in the journal that they are actively seeking sheep for export. I can't find any contact details though. Would be dead handy for me.

Is it not the Wicklow cattle company. Near arklow

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭arctictree

Is it not the Wicklow cattle company. Near arklow

I think it's a different crowd

• Advertisement

Only half the number of lambs booked with priducer group this week compared to last week

Advertisement