Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spring lamb prices

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭Green farmer

Box09 wrote: »
    460 base quote ICM for Monday

Surprised ? Icm more often then not, first out of the traps to drag the price down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭Willfarman

Demand will be well back in fairness., who wants a full price turkey after New Year’s Day!

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭thelegend1979

Stores made up to 90 in mountbellew today. A couple of euro less than a factory lamb.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,625 ✭✭✭Bleating Lamb

wrangler wrote: »
    Camolin flooded with lambs today, huge number left over till the morning.
    Haven't got returns of my lambs yet

Just got it, €108 for 21kg less exps

The lambs left over till next day would be well emptied out at that stage!
    You got on well.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭arctictree

Some prices from Blessington today:

KG Type @ Euro

35 WL @ 70
    38.5 WL @ 75
    51 RL @ 95
    46 RL @ 89
    39 EL @ 100
    39 WL @ 72
    37 WL @ 66
    46.5 WL @ 89
    45 WL @ 90
    46.5 WL @ 91
    45.5 EL @ 100
    46 EL @ 93
    45 EL @ 92
    30 EL @ 88
    44.5 EL @ 120
    42 EL @ 73
    46.5 WL @ 93
    47 EL @ 100

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,750 Mod ✭✭✭✭Siamsa Sessions

arctictree wrote: »
    Some prices from Blessington today:

KG Type @ Euro

35 WL @ 70
    38.5 WL @ 75
    51 RL @ 95
    46 RL @ 89
    39 EL @ 100
    39 WL @ 72
    37 WL @ 66
    46.5 WL @ 89
    45 WL @ 90
    46.5 WL @ 91
    45.5 EL @ 100
    46 EL @ 93
    45 EL @ 92
    30 EL @ 88
    44.5 EL @ 120
    42 EL @ 73
    46.5 WL @ 93
    47 EL @ 100

Some of them ewe lambs made good money.

Trading as Sullivan’s Farm on YouTube

Bad mart in tuam this evening. Got 90 for 47kg grass fed whethers. Stores back a bit aswell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,244 ✭✭✭sea12

Bad mart in tuam this evening. Got 90 for 47kg grass fed whethers. Stores back a bit aswell.

Any price of hoggets in those Marts

Bad trade for hoggets too. Very good hoggets sold for 160. Didnt wait for all the ewe lambs but saw texel cross ewe lambs making 128.

Some of them ewe lambs made good money.

Dont know how a group of 30kg ewe lambs made 88. Seemed to be a jump of prices for ewe lambs as the Hogget sales finished and the buyers came over. This dropped back down after a while.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭ganmo

arctictree wrote: »
    Dont know how a group of 30kg ewe lambs made 88. Seemed to be a jump of prices for ewe lambs as the Hogget sales finished and the buyers came over. This dropped back down after a while.

They must of had the right faces

• Registered Users Posts: 4,607 ✭✭✭White Clover

Anyone else have agents ringing looking for lambs? Looks like they're scarcer than they'd have you believe.

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭Box09

Anyone else have agents ringing looking for lambs? Looks like they're scarcer than they'd have you believe.

They are certainly not scarce in camolin. Factory full and price well back. Most mid season only coming fit following drought in South East.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,607 ✭✭✭White Clover

Box09 wrote: »
    They are certainly not scarce in camolin. Factory full and price well back. Most mid season only coming fit following drought in South East.

I don't have any left. Phone call this morning. Speaking of 22kg and around €5 in hushed tones.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭Lambman

All gone here aswell bar replacements... could a bought all the factory fit lambs u wanted in mart for €93-97 euro start off week

• Registered Users Posts: 11,127 ✭✭✭✭wrangler

Lambman wrote: »
    All gone here aswell bar replacements... could a bought all the factory fit lambs u wanted in mart for €93-97 euro start off week

Got € 106 today for 21kg, screwy ewes made €68

Factory wrangler? What's that work out at?

Factory wrangler? What's that work out at?

It's about 5.02, they killed out over 48%, it's about €103 after exps

• Registered Users Posts: 4,193 ✭✭✭orm0nd

is there some market for cull ewes ?

i see agents in the marts giving way more than factory value,

even poking @ fleshy breeders

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,750 Mod ✭✭✭✭Siamsa Sessions

I do some data analysis in the off-farm job and the lamb price and sheep kill charts have caught my eye again in this week’s Journal.

Obviously the higher the kill the lower the price, but some of the artificial intelligence (AI) stuff we use can pick out other trends and patterns too.

Does anyone know where the numbers behind these two charts might be downloaded?

If I can get the data I’ll share anything useful on here that jumps out.

Thanks

Trading as Sullivan’s Farm on YouTube

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭ganmo

I do some data analysis in the off-farm job and the lamb price and sheep kill charts have caught my eye again in this week’s Journal.

Obviously the higher the kill the lower the price, but some of the artificial intelligence (AI) stuff we use can pick out other trends and patterns too.

Does anyone know where the numbers behind these two charts might be downloaded?

If I can get the data I’ll share anything useful on here that jumps out.

Thanks

Bord bia - industry- farmers - sheep prices - downloadable in excel

Bought 36 ram lambs yesterday 8 @ 46kg €84 12 @ 49KG €88 5 @45kg €82 6 @46.5 88 5 @ 51kg €91... all texel x lambs

Bought 36 ram lambs yesterday 8 @ 46kg €84 12 @ 49KG €88 5 @45kg €82 6 @46.5 88 5 @ 51kg €91... all texel x lambs

Poor demand out there at the moment alright, lleyn sale yesterday was very poor for ewe lambs......€60 - €80 bought a lot of lambs..... I bought lovely hoggets belonging to Alan Mc Donald for €162 and they were enzovax'd and toxovax'd

I actually bought hoggets last week and seen lots yesterday every bit as good going for €20- €30 a head less.... some poor hoggets on show I thought the big money for lambs in the spring would off left a lot less hoggets for sale this year and thought anything being offered now would be top quality I was wrong... men could off got €120+ in the spring for lambs and you could buy hoggets now for the same money doesn't make sense.

I actually bought hoggets last week and seen lots yesterday every bit as good going for €20- €30 a head less.... some poor hoggets on show I thought the big money for lambs in the spring would off left a lot less hoggets for sale this year and thought anything being offered now would be top quality I was wrong... men could off got €120+ in the spring for lambs and you could buy hoggets now for the same money doesn't make sense.

None of it really makes sense! Best approach might be to keep a few groups of different ages, sex and weight and to only sell when the price is high for a specific group!

I wouldn't like buying in too many breeding stock if I had a lot of sheep, those hoogets that I bought were the first sheep other than rams that i bought in in 15 years

• Registered Users Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭charolais0153

wrangler wrote: »
    Poor demand out there at the moment alright, lleyn sale yesterday was very poor for ewe lambs......€60 - €80 bought a lot of lambs..... I bought lovely hoggets belonging to Alan Mc Donald for €162 and they were enzovax'd and toxovax'd

Done the hoggetts for enzo and toxo this year. Will hopefully make a difference

Done the hoggetts for enzo and toxo this year. Will hopefully make a difference

If you have Enzo in the flock it'll take a couple of years to clear,

Hogget and ewe lamb trade def sticky at the moment. Managed to get 86 for nice 40kg stores in mountbellew so theres still good demand for stores in the west.

• Advertisement

I run 2 flocks at the minute wrangler 3 last year with the horned ewes.... and the hoggets I bought will be run as a 3rd flock the year also only time all in same place is dipping... can't believe how wrong I was on the hoggets see a lot off suffolk x lots not 60kg average which is poor... you could buy 50kg+ ewe lambs for €100 so why pay €150 for €60kg hoggets?

Advertisement