Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spring lamb prices

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Sheepman2

100 tops around here for nice ewe lambs, doesnt seem to be as good a premium for nice ewe lambs this year as others

Couldn't blame anyone either when plainer hoggets,but still great ewes,are making €100-130 this year

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭Willfarman

Reports of some landing in icm last week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,244 ✭✭✭sea12

Willfarman wrote: »
    Reports of some landing in icm last week.

What would they make in the factory

sea12 wrote: »
    What would they make in the factory

If a farmer put them in.. 35kgs @2.80 €95. However factory buyer from mart gave a little more than that I’d say. It would be good meat though in fairness.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,127 ✭✭✭✭wrangler

If a farmer put them in.. 35kgs @2.80 €95. However factory buyer from mart gave a little more than that I’d say. It would be good meat though in fairness.

I doubt they're giving 2.80....that'd be €5.60 - 6.00kg DW

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭sheepfarmer92

wrangler wrote: »

I doubt they're giving 2.80....that'd be €5.60 - 6.00kg DW
    More like 2 euro/ kg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭charolais0153

Hes on about 2.80 as a deadweight price at 35kilos deadweight. Same price as ewes roughly.

Hes on about 2.80 as a deadweight price at 35kilos deadweight. Same price as ewes roughly.

Sorry, I thought you were referring to ewe lambs, didn't read it properly

• Registered Users Posts: 2,230 ✭✭✭Sami23

Anyone hear any lamb prices for this week ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,779 ✭✭✭paddysdream

4:70 /4:80 to 22 kgs inc. qa seems to be about where it is at the moment.So 103.40/ 105 .60 before deductions at full weight

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,889 ✭✭✭Dickie10

up to 22kg next week in navan

• Registered Users Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭DJ98

What kind of return is there to be got out of short keep store lambs say until January

What are the variables involved.
    Will be on good quality aftergrass.

DJ98 wrote: »
    What kind of return is there to be got out of short keep store lambs say until January

I think your better off keeping that grass for your ewes with the price of meal.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,889 ✭✭✭Dickie10

my uncle got 70 brought up from kerry average weight 35kg all ewe lambs €73 in yard, €3/head delivery. hes got grass so probarbly start moving them to factory from mid november on. there will be a price lift prob up to 5/kg by mid december

• Registered Users Posts: 7,987 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

Dickie10 wrote: »
    my uncle got 70 brought up from kerry average weight 35kg all ewe lambs €73 in yard, €3/head delivery. hes got grass so probarbly start moving them to factory from mid november on. there will be a price lift prob up to 5/kg by mid december

He got them for a handy price in all fairness.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭ganmo

IrelandLambmeatPricesYTD1.gif?guid=20181001123645
    matching the price for last year

• Registered Users Posts: 3,504 ✭✭✭kk.man

Dickie10 wrote: »

were they mountain or lowland?...they be some sheep to go to the factory without meal by November.

He might have them bought a while kkman! Jaysus we are a cynical bunch! Anybody any quote for this week?

• Registered Users Posts: 20 answerman12

Sending lambs next week to Athleague, on phone today at 4.55. The last bunch I'll be sending until December unless some super lambs finish before then. Bad time of year to be finishing

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭arctictree

Have a dozen to go tomorrow and keeping the rest over until the Spring thinly spread on some rough ground I have. No point fueling the low prices.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30 Sheepman2

DJ98 wrote: »

From now till January is a long keep when your chatting lambs,lambs in around 40kg and feed heavy for a month would be a short keep.

If you have the grass for them I'd buy a lighter ewe lamb and graze till January to let her grow a frame then feed for a month or two where we should hopefully see a price rise.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,504 ✭✭✭kk.man

Without sounding cynical I'd wait till January and hope a good lift for March. Don't think they will be a major rise between now and January.

kk.man wrote: »
    Without sounding cynical I'd wait till January and hope a good lift for March. Don't think they will be a major rise between now and January.

+1
    The last three months of the year isn't a good time to be expecting either a price rise or a thrive in lambs

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭Green farmer

+1
    The last three months of the year isn't a good time to be expecting either a price rise or a thrive in lambs

Funny ain’t it, anyone remember the factorys coming out a year or two back asking us all to expand our operations ?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,750 Mod ✭✭✭✭Siamsa Sessions

Funny ain’t it, anyone remember the factorys coming out a year or two back asking us all to expand our operations ?

Million more lambs???

Trading as Sullivan’s Farm on YouTube

+1

Lambs arent doing too badly at all here. 14 left and there's a handful in very good condition that ill prob let off at the weekend rather than keep. They seem to be thriving anyways. This hard weather suits them compared to wet anyways

Lambs arent doing too badly at all here. 14 left and there's a handful in very good condition that ill prob let off at the weekend rather than keep. They seem to be thriving anyways. This hard weather suits them compared to wet anyways

Grass is very low DM this time of the year and not really capable of putting on weight, you need redstart etc from now on, my last six lambs are going in the next ten days, maybe even this week.
    Grass is disappearing very quick at the moment, paddocks you expect to last a week only lasting 3-4 days, supposed to get milder from now on

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭Oldira

what are store lambs going? Say 35-42KG?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭Green farmer

Million more lambs???

Ya, that was the headline. Would only give them fuel on the race to the bottom.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20 answerman12

arctictree wrote: »
    Have a dozen to go tomorrow and keeping the rest over until the Spring thinly spread on some rough ground I have. No point fueling the low prices.

How did you get on today?

Advertisement