Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spring lamb prices

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,142 ✭✭✭✭wrangler

wrangler wrote: »
    Our group would've been 4.60 for Rs and 570 for Us if inspec

Made a few mistake there, should've been 550 and 560

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭Green farmer

Made a few mistake there, should've been 550 and 560

I was thinking that alright, wondering why you weren’t bouncing up and down if they skinned a €1 a kilo off ye !!

I was thinking that alright, wondering why you weren’t bouncing up and down if they skinned a €1 a kilo off ye !!

Yea worked it out wrong as well, someone PM'D last night about it and I realised I was 10c too high as well in both grades

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭Duke92

Is €5:70 the best is going or is there more to be got

• Registered Users Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭charolais0153

Duke92 wrote: »

Id say thats it for this week

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭Ard_MC

Got €118 for a group of horned ram lambs avg 51kg at the mart.

Any updates quotes for Friday ?

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭early_riser

Only small number left here now but was only quoted 5.40 so if you can get 5.70 think you be doing well!
    Going to hold off a week with my few there prob light enough still anyway just want them out of way really and too mixed a bunch to go mart with

Only small number left here now but was only quoted 5.40 so if you can get 5.70 think you be doing well!
    Going to hold off a week with my few there prob light enough still anyway just want them out of way really and too mixed a bunch to go mart with

Ya I’m some calls gone in and expecting to get similar quotes to yourself. If I do I’ll keep them or send them to mart instead

• Registered Users Posts: 3,536 ✭✭✭kk.man

Ya I’m some calls gone in and expecting to get similar quotes to yourself. If I do I’ll keep them or send them to mart instead

I went to the mart for the last couple of months eventhough the factory is closer. I found much better prices and completion for them.

The factories are paying their agents and bigger suppliers alot more over the quoted price for the last while imo.

• Advertisement

kk.man wrote: »
    I went to the mart for the last couple of months eventhough the factory is closer. I found much better prices and completion for them.

The factories are paying their agents and bigger suppliers alot more over the quoted price for the last while imo.

Your on the ball there. €5.40 ain’t where the market is at atm.

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭sheepfarmer92

Just something my father today reckoned the north sheep might flood the factory with lambs now for a week or two, they're getting very worried over a hard border brexit

• Registered Users Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭charolais0153

Just something my father today reckoned the north sheep might flood the factory with lambs now for a week or two, they're getting very worried over a hard border brexit

Could happen. Even though youd think that things will still operate the same until 29/3 so they would be early coming in now

Could happen. Even though youd think that things will still operate the same until 29/3 so they would be early coming in now

Yea that's true still over a month to go, will be very interesting to see the outcome

Anyone book in lambs for tomorrow ? Seems abit of messing going on atm.

Anyone book in lambs for tomorrow ? Seems abit of messing going on atm.

Looks like they're trying to pull them, some not quoting on the comic

They pulled them in the UK last week.

Hold tuff folks the lambs are not in it. All Marts last week reported a reduction in numbers.

Ya, they’re acting like they don’t want them, but don’t want to loose them and you going elsewhere either.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭Cran

Ya, they’re acting like they don’t want them, but don’t want to loose them and you going elsewhere either.

Rang me earlier in week looking for them 🀷*♂️

Cran wrote: »
    Rang me earlier in week looking for them 🀷*♂️

Cannt see numbers surfacing anytime soon either. with the messing they did over the last few years, they forced out alot of lads who used to produce the early apring lambs. interesting times ahead.

• Advertisement

Cannt see numbers surfacing anytime soon either. with the messing they did over the last few years, they forced out alot of lads who used to produce the early apring lambs. interesting times ahead.

Yea my father has lambs for a few lads to bring in but they won't take them now til next week, they're just acting the hoor

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭eorna

Looks like they starting to panic... they are thinking if we paying 5.60 on the 1st of feb, how much will b have to pay 1st of april or May?
    So they are playing kick out of touch for a minute to gain some time...
    There was always going to b a shortage this year... it finally kicked in..

Yea my father has lambs for a few lads to bring in but they won't take them now til next week, they're just acting the hoor

Got the same answer off them today. Offered to take them next week instead. I said, no thanks, I’d leave it. Lambs will go elsewhere now.

Lambs weren’t pulled in U.K. last we there slightly up if anything and they can’t get enough of them

• Registered Users Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭ganmo

Lambs weren’t pulled in U.K. last we there slightly up if anything and they can’t get enough of them

Quote from UK site
    Farmers Fresh 4:10 tomorrow, down 10p 
    Anyone go to Hereford today? Be interesting to see inlamb ewe trade?

Wednesday at 1:47 PM

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,787 Mod ✭✭✭✭Siamsa Sessions

ganmo wrote: »

Looks interesting. Anything that shines a light on supermarkets should help with transparency

Trading as Sullivan’s Farm on YouTube

kk.man wrote: »
    Quote from UK site
    Farmers Fresh 4:10 tomorrow, down 10p 
    Anyone go to Hereford today? Be interesting to see inlamb ewe trade?

Wednesday at 1:47 PM

Yes The factories here are doing the same quoting 5:40 and giving up to 30 cents more
    Did you the article Agriland put up the other day prices steady at €5:20
    I wonder who was behind that

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭Lano Lynn

ganmo wrote: »

very interesting but should factor in the 'Denny chicken paradox':D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,321 ✭✭✭arctictree

Got 117 for 47kg wether lambs in the Mart this morning. Fat ewes seem to be back a bit. Only got 100 for some 72kg ewes.

Advertisement