Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problem with FireWire Card after installation of XP Service Pack 3

• 10-05-2014 12:11pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,408 ✭✭✭

I want to run a program that will only run if Service Pack 3 is installed.

However, after I installed it, my FireWire card stopped working.

At least, it stopped detecting the camera I have connected to it.

In Device Manager, I uninstalled the card and put in back in the slot. The computer detected the card and reinstalled it. But, something is not right because when I open the program for the camera and turn on the camera, it doesn't connect with the program. (It was working fine an hour ago before I installed SP3 - I have created a system restore point)

In Device Manager, IEEE 1394 appears twice. The upper one contains a dropdown menu showing the Texas Instruments Firewire card when I click to open it.

1394 Net Adapter appears again further down under Network Adapters. For what it's worth, a bit below this is a host of yellow question marks.

Any idea how I can get the card to detect the camera?

Thanks.

D.

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,073 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

Have you tried uninstalling the card completely, including checking the box to delete the drivers for the device?

It's very possible that you need a different driver for SP3 than SP2 - I'd pursue this avenue initially.

Advertisement