Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Netflix - trial vs full subscription

• 10-05-2014 12:21pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I was offered & took advantage of 3 trials with Netflix. To be honest there has few a small number of very interesting documentaries on Netflix but not a whole lot. I was wondering is Netflix worth it ? Is there more content when you start paying each month or is there the exact same content on show ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Some content comes, some goes each month, what you see in the trial is what everyone sees, nothing hidden. Entirely up to you whether you think its worth it or not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭Mick Murdock

I have been paying a Netflix subscription for at least 18 months and rarely use it. I watched almost all of Breaking Bad on there so seems like a fair deal to me, but the number of big shows on there is pretty slim..

I'd be going for the US/Canadian version etc. if you want varied content.

I think I'll cancel it right now. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,648 ✭✭✭✭beauf

If you didn't find it worthwhile why go to the bother of 3 trials! Any way if you're asking the question then the answer is no.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,812 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Very much worth it if you are able to browse all the different Netflix regions

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,517 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

There's no contract to sign you can cancel whenever you want, no commitment. I find there's plenty of stuff on it to keep me interested.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭aindriu80

Sounds like its a pity we don't have the U.S version. The trials were free and the app was installed on my PlayStation so I just had to click on a hyperlink to try it. I don't think I will go for the monthly subscription until they expand it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,384 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Pretty easy to get the US version through my PS3/PS4. Personally think it's definitely worth the monthly subscription as long as you don't expect recent big movies to be on it although they do occasionally appear. It's great for everything else. Especially TV shows.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Been said plenty of times but the front page is only the tip of the iceberg to what's available.

There's a huge catalogue on all of them.

Personally couldn't think of a better way to spend €7 a month.

I have a PS4 and a PS3. How do you change region ? I don't really want movies, XtraVision do a €20/30 monthly deal for 2 shows a night. I was hoping Netflix would do more documentaries.

aindriu80 wrote: »
    I have a PS4 and a PS3. How do you change region ? I don't really want movies, XtraVision do a €20/30 monthly deal for 2 shows a night. I was hoping Netflix would do more documentaries.

Posted on a netflix thread before, by another poster, if you want documentaries try this site:

http://documentaryheaven.com/watch-online/

• Advertisement

Posted on a netflix thread before, by another poster, if you want documentaries try this site:

http://documentaryheaven.com/watch-online/

cool thanks. Do you put it in the search on netflix ? Since you can get it on the web its kinda odd to keep paying.

aindriu80 wrote: »
    cool thanks. Do you put it in the search on netflix ?

Nothing to do with netflix so you don't have to pay for it. Just click on the film you want to watch and watch it. Not as convenient but free is free.

Nothing to do with netflix so you don't have to pay for it. Just click on the film you want to watch and watch it. Not as convenient but free is free.

Its a great job. Lots more documentaries, conspiracies etc that I was looking for on Netflix.

Advertisement