Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Au-Pair Agencies

Options
  • 10-05-2014 2:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi, I am looking for an Au-pair from September, can anyone recommend an agency that they have used and had good results from? Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭LilMrsDahamsta

http://www.aupair-world.net/

We, and everyone else I know with an au pair, get them directly through that site. It costs about €40 for 2 months membership, which is more than enough if you're actively looking on a daily basis. There's loads of choice, particularly this time of year with schools/colleges ending for the year. Just make sure you know what you want in terms of experience and skills, and make sure you see medical cert and Garda clearance equivalents before going ahead. Also, talk to them on Skype at least once; if their English is too poor to manage that conversation, its probably not good enough to understand childcare instructions. WI 've had no problems with any of ours, but I've always kept a shortlist of one or two just in case the first to arrive isn't working out. Best of luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭LilMrsDahamsta

http://www.aupair-world.net/

We, and everyone else I know with an au pair, get them directly through that site. It costs about €40 for 2 months membership, which is more than enough if you're actively looking on a daily basis. There's loads of choice, particularly this time of year with schools/colleges ending for the year. Just make sure you know what you want in terms of experience and skills, and make sure you see medical cert and Garda clearance equivalents before going ahead. Also, talk to them on Skype at least once; if their English is too poor to manage that conversation, its probably not good enough to understand childcare instructions. WI 've had no problems with any of ours, but I've always kept a shortlist of one or two just in case the first to arrive isn't working out. Best of luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 4 hiphopboy

Thanks a million for your reply this was really helpful. Sorry I did not get back to you sooner.

Advertisement