Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Converting Jeep to commercial

• 10-05-2014 2:52pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 153 ✭✭

Hi could anyone let me know the steps and hoops I must jump through to convert a jeep grand Cherokee.

I know I must remove rear seats and seat belts and either weld or fill the holes.

Do I need to do some sort of engineers report after this is done before the DOE?

Is there a need to put a floor over the void the seats have left? I heard that it is not necessary.

Any more steps I should be aware of?

Also heard that a bunisness must be register for Vat surely this isn't necessary. I do unfortunately pay income tax on the business, this sufficient.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,884 ✭✭✭101sean

Is the Jeep already Irish registered or are you importing a pre 2010 from the UK?

Wonder what's bought on the sudden spate of commercial conversion posts, hardly been any for months?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 942 ✭✭✭gofaster_s13

101sean wrote: »
    Is the Jeep already Irish registered or are you importing a pre 2010 from the UK?

Wonder what's bought on the sudden spate of commercial conversion posts, hardly been any for months?

Probably because revenue are trying to do away with all conversions, from a certain unspecified as yet date a vehicle has to enter the country as a brand new type approved commercial and that to convert a vehicle will require a new type approval(€€€€€€€€€)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,884 ✭✭✭101sean

I thought 2010 was the date from which all commercials had to be factory built, Revenue used a change in EU VAT rules as an excuse?

I see there's been cases of having to get vehicles checked by an "Approved Assessor" as well, like you say, they just want to make it difficult to do.

Advertisement