Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

TNA Slammiversary - June 15th, 2014 *Spoilers*

• 10-05-2014 4:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭

slamm2014.jpg
    TNA World Heavyweight Championship
    champion 'Showtime' Eric Young vs. MVP
    43be65894da4a3ba7ebc77cb9a72f0c8_L.jpg?t=1399618969

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

I really like that poster. Usually they are incredibly dull and basic but I really like that one. Just a shame about the opponent for Young.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    I really like that poster. Usually they are incredibly dull and basic but I really like that one. Just a shame about the opponent for Young.

Yeah, it actually has an idea to it. Rather than the usual incredibly unimaginative random photo of a wrestler.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,174 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

There is a part of me very close to giving up on TNA at this stage , with all the roster cuts(or not renewing contracts etc) and silly storylines/heel or face turns(MVP for example) . Then another part of me is thinking maybe they are in a transition with bringing in new guys to replace everyone else. Im so confused ha.

Although ive no interest in that Sanada lad , no charisma and the language barrier doesnt help .

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Made too many posts on this forum bitchy about TNA. Read the Spoilers for TVs leading up to this show the card and the build up to seems really crap.
    There is a part of me very close to giving up on TNA at this stage , with all the roster cuts(or not renewing contracts etc) and silly storylines/heel or face turns(MVP for example) . Then another part of me is thinking maybe they are in a transition with bringing in new guys to replace everyone else. Im so confused ha.

It is cost cutting. I would have given them credit if they started this before they lost their arse last year taking IMPACT on the road or had the old guard properly put over the new Wrestlers before leaving.

I'm in the same boat. I havent watched anything since Sacrifice, but want to watch Gunner vs Storm. Hearing about the MVP turn just killed my interest. Authority figures in general are over done (not just in TNA), especially the heel one. I still keep up with it as I also think they are in a transition of sorts. Everything is just going through the motions until Dixie gives in and sells to someone else. They have to reduce costs and make it stable so that someone else would want to buy it. A stable company is a lot easier to sell than one that is hemoraging money. I think Dixie will be gone by the end of the year.

• Advertisement

rovert wrote: »
    Made too many posts on this forum bitchy about TNA. Read the Spoilers for TVs leading up to this show the card and the build up to seems really crap.

It reads like real bottom of the barrel rubbish. The TV is in a so much worse place than it was even two or three months ago. It just feels so hopeless.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭Sirsok

I have completely given up on tna, it used to be such a great promotion, Samoa Joe was still a beast and they just got angle...then it just went way way down with Hogan and His buddies coming in...it was cool for awhile but it went downhill so so fast...their once great divisions like the tag team, knockouts and x, are all just terrible ...

They used to stand out as being a true alternative but the TNA I loved is dead and gone and in its place is a very bland product that pales in comparison to WWEs developmental .

Bully Ray v. EC3
    slamm2a.jpg

Bobby Lashley vs. 'Samoan Submission Machine' Samoa Joe
    slamm3.jpg

Willow vs. Magnus
    slamm4.jpg

'Cowboy' James Storm vs. Mr. Anderson
    slamm5.jpg

'The Greatest Man That Ever Lived' Austin Aries vs. Kenny King
    slamm6.jpg

Plus The Von Erichs will appear.

Given the proper time length King vs Aries could be a great match

Given the proper time length King vs Aries could be a great match

On paper it could be a good wrestling show, even if it lacks any hook at all.

• Advertisement

On paper it could be a good wrestling show, even if it lacks any hook at all.

Yea and plus this must be one of the first in a long time with no stipulation matches? Or am i wrong?

Yea and plus this must be one of the first in a long time with no stipulation matches? Or am i wrong?

Not yet anyway, though they ran through enough stips to last a lifetime on TV in the last couple of months.

The stipulations are usually tacked on just before the PPV. Like they didn't think of it when taping.

Extremely random X-Division title match featuring the tag champs that's a ladder match for some reason:
    TNA X-Division Championship - Ladder Match
    Manik vs. Tigre Uno vs. Crazy Steve vs. champion Seiya Sanada vs. Eddie Edwards vs. Davey Richards
    Bp38cAuCUAAuizx.jpg

Kurt Angle will announce the next TNA Hall of Famer
    slamm1a.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,313 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Has Crazy Steve done anything to get that spot? Guessing doing a jump and roll over a woman is a reason. And Suicide to make up the numbers.

He jumped on some balloons I suppose. I'd have preferred if they filled the spot with one of their regular one night X-Division randoms. Or Low Ki.

Guessing it's to be something close to the old KOTM match but with far more relaxed rules.

Is there no Knockouts match? 8 announced but no sign of the Knockouts. If they don't get a match, that means only two of the titles are being defended.

Card could do with a few changes in my mind.

Young vs Roode
    MVP/Lashley/King vs Aries/Joe/Gunner?
    Love vs Gail vs Madison vs Britney
    Sanada vs Manik vs Tigre Uno vs Shaw vs Low Ki
    Wolves vs Anyone
    The other matches can stay :pac:

Gail vs. Angelina
    is added on iMPACT!.

The last match and some stips added:
    TNA World Heavyweight Championship - Steel Cage Match
    champion 'Showtime' Eric Young vs. MVP
    slamm0.jpg

Texas Death Match
    Bully Ray v. EC3
    slamm2b.jpg

TNA Knockouts Championship
    champion Angelina Love vs. Gail Kim
    slamm4b.jpg

Nevermind that ha

• Advertisement

MVP has pulled out of the PPV Main Event. TNA will announce his substitute later today.

TNA didn't bother to post-produce IMPACT it seems.

With the entire show build around the MVP/EY stuff they didn't really have much choice aside from potentially slapping something in at the very end.

With the entire show build around the MVP/EY stuff they didn't really have much choice aside from potentially slapping something in at the very end.

Thankfully, TNA had the foresight to have Bobby Lashley pin Eric Young in the opening match on the go home show so it should be an easy fix to just slot him in the main event. :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Thankfully, TNA had the foresight to have Bobby Lashley pin Eric Young in the opening match on the go home show so it should be an easy fix to just slot him in the main event. :p

Whats the reason Kayfabe for MVP pulling out?

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Whats the reason Kayfabe for MVP pulling out?

Injured during a UK Indie show recently

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Injured during a UK Indie show recently

I know how he was legitly injured, I meant what have TNA done in relation to the storyline?

Unless I'm mistaken, Bobby Roode doesn't have a match.

That would actually be good so it will probably be Rob Terry instead.

Roode is suspended in storyline. Unless they do something like the Board of Directors unsuspending him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

A Texas deathmatch? Interesting.

• Advertisement

Main event is now EY vs. the winner of Aries/King vs. the winner of Joe/Lashley in a three way cage match.

Is it too much to hope for a reboot and Austin Aries winning the belt. Would pander to the smarks that could be in the crowd for the Hammerstein tapings.

I have fears that he'll win and then turn heel joining MVP. Aries (along with Roode) is about as reliable a guy they could hang the company on that they have left.

Did Aries re-sign? Last I heard his contract was up fairly soon. If he signed a new contract he is perfect.

WCW got shit on for doing a re-boot but TNA need one badly. Drop all the storylines (even vacate all the titles) and start fresh.

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    Did Aries re-sign? Last I heard his contract was up fairly soon. If he signed a new contract he is perfect.

WCW got shit on for doing a re-boot but TNA need one badly. Drop all the storylines (even vacate all the titles) and start fresh.

Don't mean the hard reset that WCW did in April 2000 just realigning to what TNA "should be"

I don't think they'd need to vacate the titles. Just put the World title on Aries tomorrow and the KO title on Kim and then you can begin a rebuilding process with the titles all on the best wrestlers in each division.

• Advertisement

I don't think they'd need to vacate the titles. Just put the World title on Aries tomorrow and the KO title on Kim and then you can begin a rebuilding process with the titles all on the best wrestlers in each division.

I'll despair if they don't realise that the current direction isn't working and walk in dumb into New York.

I'll despair if they don't realise that the current direction isn't working and walk in dumb into New York.

And yet I really wouldn't be surprised if they change nothing. Overwhelming public opinion bizarrely seems to strengthen their resolve rather than force changes with them.

To be fair, thats half of their titles :pac:

If their were actual choices in the X-Division, that would likely be included too. The only reason Sanada would keep it is because there is nobody else. leaving only the tags since the TV title is still MIA.

Even with that, the storylines are a far bigger problem than who is holding the titles.

I meant leave the X and tag titles where they are. The storylines are the biggest problem but having the titles on Aries, Kim, Sanada and The Wolves gives a very strong base to rebuild from.

I meant leave the X and tag titles where they are. The storylines are the biggest problem but having the titles on Aries, Kim, Sanada and The Wolves gives a very strong base to rebuild from.

They have had those strong bases before but the storylines meant it was a waste of time. They need to worry about the storylines first which is why I wouldnt have any issue with them saying fuck it and dropping them all and starting fresh on Thursday. At worst, it will give them a short term bump in the ratings as people will be curious to see what they do with the fresh start. A chance to actually give people what they want to see instead of what Dixie thinks people want to see.

Short of announcing the signing of CM Punk tomorrow night, nothing else will move the ratings much.

• Advertisement

I have fears that he'll win and then turn heel joining MVP. Aries (along with Roode) is about as reliable a guy they could hang the company on that they have left.

Yea could easily see them doing that and that the scary part

I'd much rather them go about fixing everything without announcing anything though. Too many times have they touted that there's a new direction, or things are going to change, or that wrestling matters. Don't announce anything. Just fix it. Though saying that, I would actually favour a full blown on TV apology to fans (but that'd only work if they actually improved afterwards).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,344 ✭✭✭OneEightSeven

Watching Impact on Challenge TV. The Texas death match has me very interested.

It's a big test for EC3 in a big match, hopefully it doesn't descend into Dixie related nonsense.

Davey Richards is absolutely bonkers.

• Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭nazmoalex

We want tables! Class!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Blue_Dabadee

What bar is EC3 tonight?

1401_de86de6dd0ff42518b92ff340c3ce04a_m.jpg?t=1402894956

Good show overall. Not too much nonsense. All depends on TV's though.

Good show overall. Not too much nonsense. All depends on TV's though.

Is it worth the watch. Will prob end up watching it on Wed on challenge

• Advertisement
Advertisement