Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nationwide UK Ireland

Options
  • 10-05-2014 5:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28

Evening all.

Do any of you good folks know if its possible to pay money into this bank in Ireland (13 Merrion Row Dublin) to be credited into a UK based Nationwide account?

I will call them Monday to find out but if anyones knows on here it would be appreciated.

Cheers all

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,119 ✭✭✭homer911

No, its not

I actually rang them recently about opening a GBP current account and all they could do was give me the number of a Northern Ireland branch to ring.

The Irish office is only linked to the Irish clearing system for savings account purposes - they dont operate current accounts and dont operate in GBP to my knowledge. Lodge the money to your current account and transfer it from there. If its GBP cheque on a UK account, post it to the bank operating your UK account for processing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,439 ✭✭✭Richard

homer911 wrote: »
    No, its not

I actually rang them recently about opening a GBP current account and all they could do was give me the number of a Northern Ireland branch to ring.

The Irish office is only linked to the Irish clearing system for savings account purposes - they dont operate current accounts and dont operate in GBP to my knowledge. Lodge the money to your current account and transfer it from there. If its GBP cheque on a UK account, post it to the bank operating your UK account for processing.

They do deal in GBP, but as you say, they only offer savings accounts. They have a website at www.nationwideuk.ie and it might be worth ringing them anyway as they'll advise you in the best thing to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Morning All

Thanks all.

Its actually a UK based savings account I need to lodge the money to. I'll ring them in the Morning but have set up a bank transfer as well just in case.

Thanks again

Advertisement