Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

International co-op

• 10-05-2014 5:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭

I'm in 2nd year BBS, majoring in HR. Half-thinking about applying for international co-op. My ideal destination would be the UK. I know you kind of have to take the first offer you get, but what would be the chances of me getting the UK if I was determined to go there?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 857 ✭✭✭Polar Ice

Your chances are increased the more threads you make

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭ZomB13 F1Sh

mufc1993 wrote: »
    I'm in 2nd year BBS, majoring in HR. Half-thinking about applying for international co-op. My ideal destination would be the UK. I know you kind of have to take the first offer you get, but what would be the chances of me getting the UK if I was determined to go there?

You can apply for just the UK and yes you have to take the first offer you get. I know a guy who got sent to Eastern Europe and he did not want to go so he wiggled out of it! You also have to have over a certain QCA to go international I know a few people from BBS that got the UK for theirs

• Registered Users Posts: 7,672 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

In the same boat myself, I'm doing Electronic and Computer Engineering and thinking of heading to the UK. Anyone here with any experiences/horror stories? Would I be most likely be placed on my own or would there be other students there too? And in terms of accommodation is it fend for yourself?
    Wouldn't mind experiencing co-op abroad, but the idea of being placed in a factory of older people in the middle of nowhere by myself is fairly daunting!!

• Registered Users Posts: 24 mahad086

hi guys, thinking of doing my co op in uk as well as part of my business marketing degree, anyone know anybody who's gone to uk and what locations ?? what was it like ??

Advertisement