Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BABYMETAL

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

The vocals seem to be mixed so high on all their stuff. I know why, it's just hard for me to get to grips with.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

Grayditch wrote: »
    The vocals seem to be mixed so high on all their stuff. I know why, it's just hard for me to get to grips with.

Listening to some instrumental versions of their songs at the moment, and they're pretty damn good. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

Then go post on some other threads, Why are you even still posting here, You have no interest in this band. It's gone beyond difference of opinion. Its active trolling at this stage. You and everyone who like your post are on my ignore list now. So your trolling has no effect other than boosting my views and reply count. You've helped keep BABYMETAL as the top thread in the Rock/Metal section since it was created. Cheers.:cool:

Keep that attitude up and you'll be heading for a ban for back seat modding. I let this thread stay in R&M for now but if the bickering continues it'll be locked and any further discussion moved to another section.

OP,it's a discussion forum,not everyone is going to think they're the bees knees so please lay off having a go at other members for not liking them.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,267 ✭✭✭Dublin Red Devil

Grayditch wrote: »

Akumu no Rondo is a powerful lyrical piece

Suzuki's first verse translates to

Nightmare of Rondo

"The warned moon has lit up
    the insanity rampant in the shade.
    The laughter resounds around.
    It bares its fangs and its eyes gleam.
    I can't escape from it.

It flickers slowly
    appearing and disappearing in my mind.
    A nightmare rondo is being repeated.
    The awakening light
    is gone far away out of my sight.
    I can do nothing but run
    through the darkness.
    In the woods, in the fountain,
    I hide myself holding my breath,
    but it's still coming closer to me.
    A stagnant voice. An endless night"

This song is growing on me, Suzuka by herself like. Again amazing vocal. Like Akatsuki but darker. Beautiful

See, this is where I think they capture a great sound, when it's just herself singing and they ditch the pop-trio vocals. Moving away from the gimmicks, it's good music.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Somnus

This thread is becoming problematic. Several reported posts over the last few days. If people can't have a civilised conversation then I'm afraid people are gonna have to get a ban or the thread will be closed.
    Then go post on some other threads, Why are you even still posting here, You have no interest in this band. It's gone beyond difference of opinion. Its active trolling at this stage. You and everyone who like your post are on my ignore list now. So your trolling has no effect other than boosting my views and reply count. You've helped keep BABYMETAL as the top thread in the Rock/Metal section since it was created. Cheers.:cool:
    I'm gonna take a wild guess and say you're about the same age as the girls in babymetal?

The personal arguments stop now.
    Dublin Red, I understand you're a fan of the band and just want to have a normal discussion, no need to keep the confrontation going.
    MagicMarker, you're right, this is a public forum and people are entitled to give their opinion, but going through your posts here I can't say you're contributing anything to the discussion
    Na.

Isn't exactly much of a discussion point.

If you are aren't gonna actually discuss something then don't post comments purely intended to flame and troll other members.

If you do not like the band, then there is no need to post in this thread. Start one about a band you like.

Let's behave like adults please

Lord Lucan beat me to it

lord lucan wrote: »
    Keep that attitude up and you'll be heading for a ban for back seat modding. I let this thread stay in R&M for now but if the bickering continues it'll be locked and any further discussion moved to another section.

OP,it's a discussion forum,not everyone is going to think they're the bees knees so please lay off having a go at other members for not liking them.

Their won't be any more bickering I assure you . I've used the ignore function provide by this website. I won't see their comments.

Links234 wrote: »
    See, this is where I think they capture a great sound, when it's just herself singing and they ditch the pop-trio vocals. Moving away from the gimmicks, it's good music.
    You know what. I kind of agree. I do tend to angle towards the songs where Suzuka sings alone with the band like on Akatsuki and Rondo. That being said I think Yui and Moa contribute allot to their live shows and videos as a visual performance art aspect. Maybe their contribution is somewhat lost when listening to audio alone.

BABYMETAL in New York City. Possible US tour on the cards. Unfortunately for the critics it doesn't look like these ladies will be going away anytime soon.
    1908300_680019995378603_1707277767257892780_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭Zwillinge

^^
    I'll be honest, I squeed a little bit ^_^
    So darn cutesy :)

Hope they make their way over here and I hope they're in a Catbus :p

Enjoy the show in London :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭orangesoda

wouldn't be into that caper at all and i'm into some obscure metal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭blastman

Somnus wrote: »

Lord Lucan beat me to it

I hear he's getting that put on a t-shirt.... :pac:

Love this video featuring highlights from their show at Budokan. Some excellent instrumentals from the live band and promotion for their tour

You know what. I kind of agree. I do tend to angle towards the songs where Suzuka sings alone with the band like on Akatsuki and Rondo. That being said I think Yui and Moa contribute allot to their live shows and videos as a visual performance art aspect. Maybe their contribution is somewhat lost when listening to audio alone.

Yeah, they certainly do have a lot more to do as part of the stage show than their contributions to the music, but more than that it's a selling point. The trio is a bit of a staple in Japanese pop music, so in order to show that it's a combination of pop + metal instead of just metal with a girl singer, the trio are pushed as a big part of the group even if they don't do all that much musically apart from the odd chorus. It's about image.

I'll show you something in comparison. Kalafina are pretty different to Babymetal, they're a group put together by composer Yuki Kajiura, and they'll work for this comparison because they have a mix of rock and a vocal trio. The big difference here is how the vocals are used and how the three singers work together, there's some amazing vocal melodies and harmonies. Linking to the live version because I think you can hear their voices more clearly than the studio one.

As you can see, all three singers are a big part of the music.

It kinda makes you wonder how it would sound if Babymetal did make more use out of having three vocalists, or even where they might go in future, because as it is they come off a lot stronger when just utilizing the lead vocalist. What do you recon?

Links234 wrote: »
    Yeah, they certainly do have a lot more to do as part of the stage show than their contributions to the music, but more than that it's a selling point. The trio is a bit of a staple in Japanese pop music, so in order to show that it's a combination of pop + metal instead of just metal with a girl singer, the trio are pushed as a big part of the group even if they don't do all that much musically apart from the odd chorus. It's about image.

I'll show you something in comparison.

As you can see, all three singers are a big part of the music.

It kinda makes you wonder how it would sound if Babymetal did make more use out of having three vocalists, or even where they might go in future, because as it is they come off a lot stronger when just utilizing the lead vocalist. What do you recon?

I like every element of BM, The band, Suzuka, Yui and Moa.
    Suzuka is the obvious star and lead of BM. But Yui and Moa are important in other aspects that we've mentioned, no they don't contribute as much to the vocal but they have a different role. The trio is a theme in Japanese music but like you said there's usually still a lead and 2 supporting vocal parts. Most bands in any genre of music have one obvious lead. Sukuza is probably a strong enough performer to front the band alone, But I see BM a versatile group. They see the value in Suzuka doing more serious songs like Akatsuki and Akumu no Rondo by herself, songs that suit a solo performance. Then there are songs where Yui and Moa play a larger role. Especially to the visual and live performance aspect of BM.

Here's a performance with the live band, notice the fight scene that Yui and Moa play out in the middle definitely contributes to the theater of the live show

Yui and Moa in NYC. So Kawaii.
    10355375_681541131893156_8999210672594160153_n.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,518 ✭✭✭stefan idiot jones

Yui and Moa in NYC. So Kawaii.
    10355375_681541131893156_8999210672594160153_n.jpg

Are they in booster seats?

Band interview with Tokyo radio station. English translation. Worth a look,

London Forum gig now sold out. Not bad at all for their first time trying out a new market for their music.

New date added to the 1st world tour. BABYMETAL will perform a the Heavy Montreal festival in Canada Aug 9.

10411725_684513868262549_5184140358122893024_n.jpg

• Advertisement

Black BABYMETAL. Yui & Moa

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

Serious question Dublin Red: why do you mention the band by name (and in caps) in almost every post? It's almost like you want the name to pop up on web searches......

Serious question Dublin Red: why do you mention the band by name (and in caps) in almost every post? It's almost like you want the name to pop up on web searches......

That's how it stylized. You don't write it in lower case

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

I see.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭SirLemonhead

Wouldn't be a fan of this baby - Metal band at all myself

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

I listened to some of the instrumental stuff and I liked a lot of the music. It's a little deeper than I'd first thought.

I do feel like this is sort of a less extreme Bronies thing, though. Some of the people you see fanatical about them in the videos. They seems to have the same almost cultish following. Maybe those two things aren't really relatable, it's just a vibe I got.

Buzzin for the London show now. tickets in the bag, flights booked. Mates house to crash in. happy out. Rock on BABYMETAL : D

Happy Birthday to Miss Yui and Moa celebrating their 15th birthdays in Paris and Cologne
    10478176_694219267292009_9090793191364764090_n.jpg

Terrible news today, BABYMETAL will support Lady Gaga on 5 dates in America this August.

I don't like this news at all. BABYMETAL will support Lady Gaga on 5 dates in America this August. Really hope this isn't the beginning of the American pop commercialization of BM.

Even more delighted I'm going to their show in London now, It might be the last time to see them before the agency sells their souls on the American market

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,518 ✭✭✭stefan idiot jones

You wouldn't believe the will power I am using not to type out the reply that I'd like to.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement