Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BABYMETAL

Options
1235»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,267 ✭✭✭Dublin Red Devil

BABYMETAL's first US show will be at the Fonda Theatre in Hollywood CA. on July 27th, 2014.

10468355_696638957050040_3003517742549262259_n.jpg

Awesome. 1st show in the US. BM making some bigger moves

• Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭slavetothegrind

no way! BABYMETAL's first US BABYMETAL show! Like BABYMETAL has finally realised BABYMETAL dreams and brought BABYMETAL to USA!
    WHOOOOOA DUDE!

I'll take my paddlin' now................

Wow serious live performance. HEDOBAN!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

Terrible news today, BABYMETAL will support Lady Gaga on 5 dates in America this August.

I don't like this news at all. BABYMETAL will support Lady Gaga on 5 dates in America this August. Really hope this isn't the beginning of the American pop commercialization of BM.

Even more delighted I'm going to their show in London now, It might be the last time to see them before the agency sells their souls on the American market

You're talking about a manufactured group selling their souls? You know yourself that none of the singers listened to metal before some executive had the bright idea of fusing pop and metal, so if they really sold their souls then it was at Babymetal's inception and not touring with Lady Gaga.

Besides that, Lady Gaga is one hell of a talented singer, musician and songwriter, and she writes her own music, which is something the singers from Babymetal don't have going for them. It's silly to think that pop music is devoid of soul or talent, strip away all the production and stage shows that Lady Gaga has and she's still incredible:

So I really hope you see the irony in criticizing Babymetal for supporting Lady Gaga. And you do know that she likes to have different kinds of groups supporting her on tour, right? She toured with The Darkness before, I wouldn't be a fan, but you get the point. And really, does who the band tour with have any impact their music? What will have changed? Nothing! So if you like their music, just continue to enjoy them.

"Selling their souls" is a nonsense criticism in general anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Some quality tunes in this thread.

• Advertisement

Links234 wrote: »
    You're talking about a manufactured group selling their souls? You know yourself that none of the singers listened to metal before some executive had the bright idea of fusing pop and metal, so if they really sold their souls then it was at Babymetal's inception and not touring with Lady Gaga.

Besides that, Lady Gaga is one hell of a talented singer, musician and songwriter, and she writes her own music, which is something the singers from Babymetal don't have going for them. It's silly to think that pop music is devoid of soul or talent, strip away all the production and stage shows that Lady Gaga has and she's still incredible:

So I really hope you see the irony in criticizing Babymetal for supporting Lady Gaga. And you do know that she likes to have different kinds of groups supporting her on tour, right? She toured with The Darkness before, I wouldn't be a fan, but you get the point. And really, does who the band tour with have any impact their music? What will have changed? Nothing! So if you like their music, just continue to enjoy them.

"Selling their souls" is a nonsense criticism in general anyway.

I'll admit I went a little overboard on that comment. What I mean is I wouldn't like to see them go down the generic pop route, Supporting a massive draw like Gaga will increase their profile in the US. They will probably just be doing one or two of their songs in large arenas which will be good exposure as long as they say true to Kawaii metal

I'll admit I went a little overboard on that comment. What I mean is I wouldn't like to see them go down the generic pop route, Supporting a massive draw like Gaga will increase their profile in the US. They will probably just be doing one or two of their songs in large arenas which will be good exposure as long as they say true to Kawaii metal

Only a little overboard?

Why do you think they'd go down the route of generic pop, and furthermore why do you think supporting Lady Gaga would have this impact upon them? Think about it for a moment, the entire reason for Babymetal was the producers starting a group that would be set apart from generic pop, without the metal there is no gimmick for them to stand out, they're hardly going to chuck out precisely what they're famous for all of a sudden and for no good reason. As for staying true to "Kawaii metal", well they're the only band who call themselves that so it's their term to define, isn't it?

In any case, it's just downright absurd to talk in terms of "selling their souls" or "staying true" when we're talking about a manufactured band. They'll stay true to the money. ;)

Oh and here's a little something you might enjoy, excellent youtube guitarist 331Erock breaks out into some Babymetal in this vid:

Only a little overboard?

Why do you think they'd go down the route of generic pop, and furthermore why do you think supporting Lady Gaga would have this impact upon them? Think about it for a moment, the entire reason for Babymetal was the producers starting a group that would be set apart from generic pop, without the metal there is no gimmick for them to stand out, they're hardly going to chuck out precisely what they're famous for all of a sudden and for no good reason. As for staying true to "Kawaii metal", well they're the only band who call themselves that so it's their term to define, isn't it?

In any case, it's just downright absurd to talk in terms of "selling their souls" or "staying true" when we're talking about a manufactured band. They'll stay true to the money. ;)

Every band performs for money my friend. If you think Metalica, U2 etc have been performing for free for 25+ year, you're very naive.

Manufactured/Non Manufactured band. It really makes no difference Ofcourse its a nicer back-story for a band to have form naturally. But ultimelty bands are judged on the quality of their music. Nobody who listens to BM is going to stop listening to them because of how they were formed.

Regardlees of how they came together.BM is an original, unique product. Like you say 'Kawaii Metal' is a genre all of their own. A band like this had to be 'manufactured'. Where in the world would a 14 year female pop singer meet up with 30+ year old male black metal musicians and decide to form a band? Not going to happen. The finished product is what it comes down to.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,518 ✭✭✭stefan idiot jones

Regardlees of how they came together.BM is an original, unique product. Like you say 'Kawaii Metal' is a genre all of their own. A band like this had to be 'manufactured'. Where in the world would a 14 year female pop singer meet up with 30+ year old male black metal musicians and decide to form a band? Not going to happen. The finished product is what it comes down to.

The thread that just keeps on giving. Thanks.

• Advertisement

Every band performs for money my friend. If you think Metalica, U2 etc have been performing for free for 25+ year, you're very naive.

Manufactured/Non Manufactured band. It really makes no difference Ofcourse its a nicer back-story for a band to have form naturally. But ultimelty bands are judged on the quality of their music. Nobody who listens to BM is going to stop listening to them because of how they were formed.

Way to sail right past the point I was making. Nobody is under any impression that Metallica or U2 aren't out to make money, nobody, never mind thinking they play for free. The point is that you just made a post lamenting the band "selling their souls" which is ridiculous because they've already done that from the get go.

My Top 5 BABYMETAL songs.

1. Akumu no Rondo.

2. Akatsuki.

3. Megitsune.

4. Hedoban

5. Ijime Dame Zettai

What do you listen to aside from Babymetal, Dublin Red Devil?

What do you listen to aside from Babymetal, Dublin Red Devil?

I have a pretty diverse taste I like old school rock bands, The Who, Led Zep, Pink Floyd etc. I also like Irish folk music, Luke Kelly, Christy Moore etc Also like my Hip hop, Biggie, Jay, Z Nas etc

I'll listen to Marley, Hendrix, Queen, Thin Lizzy, really anything that i consider good music.

What a week ahead for these young ladies.

Tuesday night show in Paris, France
    Thursday night show in Cologne, Germany
    Saturday afternoon festival at Sonisphere, UK
    Monday night show in London, UK

Can't wait for Monday the 7th. Seeing BABYMETAL live. should be an epic night.

BM Message to Sonisphere/London fans

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,548 ✭✭✭rockbeast

Babymetal - :eek:

If their album is called TENTACLES I would not be in the least surprised...

PS The songs are quite catchy but I'm sure I've been put on a list somewhere for listening to them:o

• Registered Users Posts: 3,518 ✭✭✭stefan idiot jones

rockbeast wrote: »
    I'm sure I've been put on a list somewhere for listening to them:o

About four dozen ignore lists!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

About four dozen ignore lists!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Touche

rockbeast wrote: »
    Babymetal - :eek:

If their album is called TENTACLES I would not be in the least surprised...

PS The songs are quite catchy but I'm sure I've been put on a list somewhere for listening to them:o

That's you're sick mind at work there my friend. I know exactly what you are referring too and its disgusting.

There's not a thing wrong with enjoying BABYMETAL. The band rocks, Great instrumentals, brilliant vocal, great performers. What's not to like. I think they're awesome.

• Advertisement

That's you're sick mind at work there my friend. I know exactly what you are referring too and its disgusting.

There's not a thing wrong with enjoying BABYMETAL. The band rocks, Great instrumentals, brilliant vocal, great performers. What's not to like. I think they're awesome.

Tread very carefully.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Relax there, Buzz Killington.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Somnus

Since it appears impossible for this thread to continue in a reasonable manner I've decided to close it.

Let's all move on and let this go shall we?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement