Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

UPC Remote & Volume

• 10-05-2014 6:23pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 805 ✭✭✭

I tried all the usual tricks to get the UPC remote to control the volume on my new TV. Nothing worked.
    Now the volume button, when pressed, makes the TV light on remote flash but has no impact on TV or on the UPC box.
    Anyone know how to reset the UPC remote so it controls volume on the UPC box?
    Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭Wabbit Ears

Which UPC box? if its horizon (from the description on the light up tv button)then it wont control the volume on the box, it needs to be paired with the TV,.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭eam77

is there any one for all remote that I can use for horizon? the remote they supply is crap. buttons too small and badly designed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,532 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

eam77 wrote: »
    is there any one for all remote that I can use for horizon? the remote they supply is crap. buttons too small and badly designed

Do you have an iPhone? There's an iTunes app called 'TV Remote'...

https://itunes.apple.com/ie/app/horizon-tv-remote/id532085851?mt=8

Otherwise you could try a Logitech programmable remote but they're not cheap.

Thers also a 3rd party remote for android on xdadevelopers and if your phone has an IR like the HTC One you can use that as a remote also.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭eam77

thanks, good call. much more reliable when using the iphone remote rather than the remote provided. shouldn't be this way though if horizon had been developed properly...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Thers also a 3rd party remote for android on xdadevelopers and if your phone has an IR like the HTC One you can use that as a remote also.

I thought the horizon box didn't have IR?

It does, those that were on the trail originally had an IR remote. the current remote is an RF remote but IR still works, though not for the function button's like guide etc or the keypad.

Advertisement