Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can anyone tell me how to get code back if changed?

Options
  • 10-05-2014 7:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭

Basically I had a project on the go which had loads of info in it about what the code did etc.

i.e. // This is a frame and this is a stack blah blah blah...

I just deleted loads of this to write another simple bit of code thinking that it would still be there as long as I didn't save over it. When I closed Xcode and reopened it i found that it still had the smaller bit of code even though I didn't save it :confused:

How do I get my big piece of code back (tried cmd + z but didn't work)? Thanks

(Btw I'm working in C on Xcode)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭Colonel Panic

Source control? If not, Time Machine (the backup software not a device for travelling through time)?

If none of those, the comments/code is gone. Xcode saves files on exit as you've found.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 SpoonTheGreater

Most IDEs auto save on run. What you need is git or some other version control as Colonel Panic said. Problem is no one starts to use them until just after a mistake like yours. No version control or time machine and it's gone.

Advertisement