Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Giro Route, Election Posters.

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,300 ✭✭✭martinn123

I think the point is that the Giro was welcome to these shores, north & south to show off our countryside, green landscapes etc, to be shown in over 100 countries live on TV.

To assist in attracting Tourists, to come here to spend their cash,

Not for tourists to look at tele, and wonder, why in Ireland do they have pictures of people on the lamposts, and if I go there do I have to get posters of me printed, and stuck up so everyone knows. Who I am.

Or do they have a lot of crime, and these are all Wanted Posters.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,886 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

martinn123 wrote: »
    I think the point is that the Giro was welcome to these shores, north & south to show off our countryside, green landscapes etc, to be shown in over 100 countries live on TV.

To assist in attracting Tourists, to come here to spend their cash,

Not for tourists to look at tele, and wonder, why in Ireland do they have pictures of people on the lamposts, and if I go there do I have to get posters of me printed, and stuck up so everyone knows. Who I am.

Or do they have a lot of crime, and these are all Wanted Posters.

i think they have politics in other countries too

i think they have politics in other countries too

True, of course,

It's just that in other countries, including our Northern Neighbours, they do not mix Politics, with an International Sporting event, shown live on International TV.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,886 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

martinn123 wrote: »
    True, of course,

It's just that in other countries, including our Northern Neighbours, they do not mix Politics, with an International Sporting event, shown live on International TV.

since when do we use northern ireland as a exemplar when it comes to politics?

since when do we use northern ireland as a exemplar when it comes to politics?

Well they got this one right.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

It appears that this thread is losing it's local topicality. If you wish to continue in this vein - please consider taking it up in the Politics forum.

Ta.

tHB
    m

Advertisement