Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

new doggy owner advice sought

• 10-05-2014 10:01pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭

I have a bison maltese (sorry for spelling errors) she is about a year old (i know I said Im new to this but it feels that way)
    She a very black dirty face which I cant seem to clean. I have been told not to wash her very often but she gets filthy. she spends a good part of the day in the garden and likes to dig holes.
    also could someone recommend a shampoo for her. she is white

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,770 Mod ✭✭✭✭DBB

Aw, bless her little digging heart! She may look like a fluffball, but nice to hear she enjoys the rugged doggy stuff too!
    It might help if you keep her coat fairly short, and hard as it might be, if you let the mud dry in, it should brush out pretty well.
    There are a number of good shampoos available for white dogs, which you'll find on grooming sites like http://www.christiesdirect.com/en/Dog-Shampoos/c-127.aspx, but you do need not to over-wash them. I'd imagine the bichon x Maltese coat is hard enough to maintain, but if you can bear to keep the coat neat and short, it makes life much easier!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭gubby

thanks for that.

Advertisement