Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to install driver after Win 7 update

Options
  • 10-05-2014 10:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭

Hope someone can help. I now only use my Toshiba laptop for wifi. Today there was a Windows 7 update and driver is not found so I cannot connect to Internet at all. I tried uninstalling update and various other hints given on internet to no avail. Connected HTC to laptop to try a download but have given up at this stage. Anyone know what I need to do?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭900913

You could try roll back the driver in device manager.

Control Panel > Hardware and Sound > Device Manager.

Then expand "Network Adopters". The wifi adopter will probably have "802.11" in the name.
    Right click on it and select Properties. Then Drivers. And select roll back driver.

Or you could do a system restore.

Control Panel > System and Security > Restore you computer to an earlier time.

In the new window click "Open system restore".

Then select a restore that was before the update that stopped the wifi working.

You can download the wifi drivers at
    http://aps2.toshiba-tro.de/wlan/?page=downloads

• Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭angeline

Will try this. Thanks for all the info.

Tried the above but alas did not work. When I click on Network Adaptors I cannot Roll Back Driver as this tab is not highlighted. I can't download the driver to laptop as I have no internet. Not sure what my options are now!!

Did you try the system restore.

Hi. Yes I did the system restore but it restored to about 11pm last night when there were changes previous to that. So I would have needed it to restore to an earlier time as I had been trying a few things myself. It seems to be gone from the system if that's possible. Sure I can always drop it in somewhere if needs be. The only other device I'd have is my HTC.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭kierank01

it is a little strange that an auto update would knock out your wireless.

If you cannot select roll back driver, then that suggests that your wireless driver may not have been updated.
    Do you have a network cable that you can use to test if your wired connectioin is working?
    Can other devices connect to your wifi?
    How are you connecting your htc to your laptop? Can you turn the wireless access point, and see if you can connect the laptop to that, can you see other wifi networks in the area?

Hi. Before the update I could always see other wireless networks in the area or I would create a hotspot with my phone. Since the update, there is a red x beside the icon at the end of the laptop where I would normally connect to wifi. When I click on this it does say connections are available but on troubleshooting it again shows a big red x between my laptop and the Internet. I connect my HTC to the laptop with the cable.

The red X could mean that the wifi is physically switched off or disconnected.

Make sure its switched on. or not disabled using the "Fn" switches.

There sould be a small wifi switch on the front or side of the laptop.

Advertisement