Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Giro d'Italia Stage 3 – May 11th, Armagh - Dublin 187km **Unmasked Spoilers**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,338 ✭✭✭Lusk_Doyle

bcmf wrote: »
    Just up the road from the last car on the bend.

A few km south of Castle Bellingham

Not going up but just working out time from there to here. Ta!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,547 ✭✭✭funkyjebus

Lusk_Doyle wrote: »
    Racing line straight through the lad in the hi viz under the hoarding!
    If only Sagan wasn't in California

• Registered Users Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭Zyzz

Bukman13 wrote: »
    That "S" bend coming off Westland Row with 300meters to go could cause some big problems especially if its raining.

BnTbtXtIMAAB2PW.jpg

Whoever gets a clean line through there I'd say will take the win, a big group sprinting through there will cause absolute madness!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Weather looked quite good up north earlier.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,458 ✭✭✭lennymc

furiousox wrote: »
    Hey, if anyone could get an official t-shirt for me today can they pm me please, thanks.

I picked one up for you.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Zyzz wrote: »
    Whoever gets a clean line through there I'd say will take the win, a big group sprinting through there will cause absolute madness!

I was thinking that until I saw how much further on the finish line is, there's enough distance to make it back up the line if you were to hang out behind Kittel's train.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,606 ✭✭✭MPFG

I was thinking that until I saw how much further on the finish line is, there's enough distance to make it back up the line if you were to hang out behind Kittel's train.

Is there time to text Cannondale :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,755 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

Just in town now, gonna try and get a space near the chicane with 300 metres to go I'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,245 ✭✭✭check_six

I don't think the Lincoln Place kink will be as decisive as imagined. I don't think it's as narrow as people are making out, and there is a good 300m to go once you clear the corner. I'd be interested to see which side of the traffic islands they go coming onto Merrion Square. Maybe have two sprint trains either side?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,811 ✭✭✭griffin100

Live Eurosport coverage on a hughe screen on the sea front in malahide. Making the wait pass easier!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭manafana

huge crowds out despite the limited budget we got to promote it.

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭DisasterIRL

Any screens up near the finish?

Edit: also anyone elses eurosport coverage very choppy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭Bukman13

Zyzz wrote: »

I've read there is a head wind after that for the final 300meters (not sure how strong the head wind is), but you don't want to be at the front going through there. Should be interesting either way,

• Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭TheBlaaMan

Crowds looking great into Dundalk..........rain at the finish line :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭Bukman13

Wilco Kelderman down in a crash.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭ashleey

What's wrong with the effing camera feed!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Picture break up is awful.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

Who host broadcaster for this?? - picture is unwatchable :(

• Registered Users Posts: 818 ✭✭✭Gallant_JJ

Keady earlier.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭bcmf

Huge rain cloud at Dundalk. Sunny here but VERY WET roads

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

MPFG wrote: »
    Is there time to text Cannondale :)
    Bukman13 wrote: »
    I've read there is a head wind after that for the final 300meters (not sure how strong the head wind is), but you don't want to be at the front going through there. Should be interesting either way,

If I was Bouhanni or Viviani, I'd let Giant-Shimano lead from early on. You'd hope by the time they get to that chicane, Kittel only has 2 men left. Bouhanni and Viviani can battle for Kittel's wheel, and then launch late at Merrion square. I think that's their best chance of competing, there's no point battling with Giant -Shimano on that corner.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭autumnbelle

Lashing in Dublin :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,606 ✭✭✭MPFG

If I was Bouhanni or Viviani, I'd let Giant-Shimano lead from early on. You'd hope by the time they get to that chicane, Kittel only has 2 men left. Bouhanni and Viviani can battle for Kittel's wheel, and then launch late at Merrion square. I think that's their best chance of competing, there's no point battling with Giant -Shimano on that corner.

Seemingly Swift was the fastest in the last sprint yesterday ....but had farther to come....bet he wins when the sprint has an uphill finish

• Registered Users Posts: 20,052 ✭✭✭✭neris

Any idea roughly where they are?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭Hmmzis

Was all prepared to head out to see the run in to the finish with the whole family. Now seeing the weather some doubts are starting to appear in the back of my mind. :(

MPFG wrote: »
    Seemingly Swift was the fastest in the last sprint yesterday ....but had farther to come....bet he wins when the sprint has an uphill finish

Yeah Swifty's a great rider, I reckon his day will come on Wednesday or Thursday. He's on my velogames team so I hope so!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,140 ✭✭✭snailsong

neris wrote: »

Castlebellingham.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,211 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Pudsy33 wrote: »
    Just in town now, gonna try and get a space near the chicane with 300 metres to go I'd say.

What's it like there? Waiting for a luas to head in

neris wrote: »

Castlebellingham! The live coverage has started on Eurosport

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭J Cheever Loophole

Huge turnout this morning in Armagh City - seemed to be tens of thousands to my untrained eye. For an Armagh man, today was an 'I was there' moment. Simply a wonderful occasion. Anyway, hopefully you'll be interested in one or two photos taken this morning!

053-2.jpg

052-1.jpg

051-2.jpg

050-1.jpg

049.jpg

047-2.jpg

046-1.jpg

048-1.jpg

047-2.jpg

0392.jpg

0292.jpg

0352.jpg