Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Giro d'Italia Stage 3 – May 11th, Armagh - Dublin 187km **Unmasked Spoilers**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,606 ✭✭✭RedRunner

In castlebellingham

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,211 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Hmmzis wrote: »
    Was all prepared to head out to see the run in to the finish with the whole family. Now seeing the weather some doubts are starting to appear in the back of my mind. :(

I was told to leave the little lad at home. One man child out in the rain was seemingly

• Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭J Cheever Loophole

And a couple more;

063.jpg

057-2.jpg

056-1.jpg

055-1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 10,755 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

godtabh wrote: »
    What's it like there? Waiting for a luas to head in

I'll let you know soon, still walking.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Gorgeous sunny day in Swords/Malahide now :)

Will be interesting watching them go around some of the bends in the estuary

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭Carlosthejakal

Nice and sunny in lusk skerriestouch wood it stays that way

• Registered Users Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭Bukman13

If I was Bouhanni or Viviani, I'd let Giant-Shimano lead from early on. You'd hope by the time they get to that chicane, Kittel only has 2 men left. Bouhanni and Viviani can battle for Kittel's wheel, and then launch late at Merrion square. I think that's their best chance of competing, there's no point battling with Giant -Shimano on that corner.

Yea, thats the ideal scenario for me, get on Kittel's wheel and hope he only has 1 lead out guy coming out of that corner.

We could see a few spits in the peloton too, couple of tight corners in the last 3/4Km so it'll likely be all lined out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭bcmf

Just thru fredzone in between showers. Plenty of bidons with hot thée

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Bukman13 wrote: »
    Yea, thats the ideal scenario for me, get on Kittel's wheel and hope he only has 1 lead out guy coming out of that corner.

According to google Viviani is 4 kilos heavier than Bouhanni. If that's accurate, I'd fancy him to win the shoving match to get onto Kittel's wheel.

What's it like there? Waiting for a luas to head in

Near the finish, not too busy as of yet

• Advertisement

Anyone in Clontarf? What's it like there?Am going to hop in on my bike soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,606 ✭✭✭MPFG

Bouhanni is a tougher nut...ex boxer and Mike Tyson fan

According to google Viviani is 4 kilos heavier than Bouhanni. If that's accurate, I'd fancy him to win the shoving match to get onto Kittel's wheel.

Bouhanni won't make it easy for him anyway. It's slightly uphill too, so should play a bit more into the hands of Viviani.

Glorious sunshine at the finish :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭manafana

might start a giro pictures thread we all seem to have loads.

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭detones

Waiting in Skerries at roundabout before railway tunnell/bridge. Weather sunny, hope it stays, tension building nicely, great crowd.

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭BofaDeezNuhtz

Dónal wrote: »
    Anyone in Clontarf? What's it like there?Am going to hop in on my bike soon.

Looks like it'll be dry as they pass thru there, probably sunny at the finish aswell.
    Probably catch the edge of a shower just as they hit swords/Malahide area.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,368 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

I've decided to stay at Dutch Corner at the chicane that leads on to the home straight.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,211 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

I've decided to stay at Dutch Corner at the chicane that leads on to the home straight.

Is that not where the Irish corner is?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,726 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

Looks like it'll be dry as they pass thru there, probably sunny at the finish aswell.
    Probably catch the edge of a shower just as they hit swords/Malahide area.

http://www.met.ie/forecasts/short-range.asp

Seems to be a line of impending rain heading toward Dublin, whereas north and south of this line are perfectly sunny. Grrr.

Judging from the forecast it *might* escape the heaviest around the time they're in Clontarf and heading toward the city.

• Advertisement

Looks great, very excited

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

• Registered Users Posts: 13,368 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

Is that not where the Irish corner is?

Oh is it? I'm across from Kennedys bar on Westland Row.

I'm just around the corner on the right if you look at Darkglasses photo.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Mother of god the Eurosport commentator just mangled the pronounciation of every county/town and village he mentioned apart from Dublin.

We have counties Luth and Meat

Snails pace around there I'd say. About 300 metres from there then

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Rusty Rothar

Stheno wrote: »
    Mother of god the Eurosport commentator just mangled the pronounciation of every county/town and village he mentioned apart from Dublin.

We have counties Luth and Meat

That's probably Sean Kelly mangling the pronunciation!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭autumnbelle

On Lombard street

Cadel showing how the pros do snot-rocketing. Outstanding

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Rusty Rothar

Heading into town around 3.30 with a baby & buggy, would it be worth trying to get down near merrion sq for the finish or is there much space left?

• Advertisement

Big crash. Scarponi Down, Garmin, Orica, Astana all involved.

Advertisement