Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Giro d'Italia Stage 3 – May 11th, Armagh - Dublin 187km **Unmasked Spoilers**

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

veetwin wrote: »
    Massive crowd in Malahide at least. Nice sunshine also. Whatever about the lack if hype the crowds have certainly turned up.

Swords sailing club are out in the Estuary and asked everyone to wear something pink!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,211 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Big crash

• Registered Users Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Inspector Coptoor

Another bad crash

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

godtabh wrote: »
    Big crash

Looks like a kid in the crowd got a right smack off a bike

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Big crash at one of the Lusk roundabouts

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,811 ✭✭✭griffin100

veetwin wrote: »
    Massive crowd in Malahide at least. Nice sunshine also. Whatever about the lack if hype the crowds have certainly turned up.

Whoever organised the Malahide welcome should be congratulated. Fun fair, live music and a big screen showing live coverage. Delighted I brought a couple of very excited kids here rather than the finish area.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

I'm genuinely worried about the run in to the finish at this rate.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭autumnbelle

No effort made at all up in city you would think there would even be flags. Road at corner of Lombard streets surface is very poor

No effort made at all up in city you would think there would even be flags. Road at corner of Lombard streets surface is very poor

There were a couple of giant potholes around that area last week

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭Rocko

positron wrote: »
    Apologies if this has been asked and answered before, is this live on TV or web?

On Freeview BBC TWO NI - sky channel 972 i think

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,986 ✭✭✭68 lost souls

Blowfish wrote: »
    that is precisely where I am

Me too more or less. Beside the lamp post at 350

• Registered Users Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Sparks43

How long till they hit clontarf?

Going to take a cycle down

• Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭autumnbelle

I'm at 900 metres :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,211 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Whoops!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,755 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

I'm at 50 mwuhahaha

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭superman28

Sparks43 wrote: »
    How long till they hit clontarf?

Going to take a cycle down
    Just in Clontarf now.. 15: 50.. No sign yet..

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭Stooped

I know this is a vague question, but does anyone know the name of the cyclist with the beard?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,816 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

Pretty easy to get a spot at the ifsc...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,889 ✭✭✭De Bhál

Me too

superman28 wrote: »
    Just in Clontarf now.. 15: 50.. No sign yet..

THey are just coming into Malahide, huge crowds, looks great

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,338 ✭✭✭Lusk_Doyle

Front row seat for the pile up in Lusk!

Lusk_Doyle wrote: »
    Front row seat for the pile up in Lusk!

What happened ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,030 ✭✭✭nomdeboardie

[QUOTE=Lusk_Doyle;90340400]Front row seat for the pile up in Lusk![/QUOTE]
    (The irony!)
    :(
    BEEB said something about "street furniture" at fault"? Was that the case?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭kumate_champ07

finish line packed? Im about to go down to merrion sq, will be there by 4.15, enough time to catch the winner?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Stooped wrote: »
    I know this is a vague question, but does anyone know the name of the cyclist with the beard?

Ehh...what colour jersey and shorts was he wearing?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,755 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

finish line packed? Im about to go down to merrion sq, will be there by 4.15, enough time to catch the winner?

You'd be hard pushed to get space mate

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,723 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Boards.ie jersey on a lamppost there on euro sport :)

Now we have motocross and cycling commentary on Eurosport!

It's a bit strange they have no barriers seperating crowds from the cylists?

Loads of room by the Ifsc for gawking!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Esroh

Luca Paolini is the ginger bearded one from Katusha

Advertisement