Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Giro d'Italia Stage 3 – May 11th, Armagh - Dublin 187km **Unmasked Spoilers**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,054 ✭✭✭✭neris

yop wrote: »
    Boards.ie jersey on a lamppost there on euro sport :)

This one?

20140511_155135.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭BofaDeezNuhtz

blobbie wrote: »
    Why aren't they on the cycle path ??

Because they'd be slowing down the regulars on it :D

That was great kids really enjoyed that, they even got a lil fright as the pack wizzed by lol :D

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭blobbie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭Mr Pseudonym

Waited eighty minutes to see a ten second chunk of peloton. But totally worth it! Organisation in Dublin seemed superb, and a much bigger crowd than I expected. Something of a shame that the route didn't run through College Green, though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,338 ✭✭✭Lusk_Doyle

godtabh wrote: »
    What happened ?

They loved the place so much they wanted to stay a little longer!

Narrow road after rdbt with traffic island.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,298 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Was under the bridge on westlandrow with a greatview didn't see kittel at all he was that far back. Was a good turnout and looking forward to seeing the highlights later

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,218 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

So how many Strava KOMs lost?

I was at the point where the support cara turned off before the finish. Amazing to see them fly by. Never been to a bike race let alone a grand tour. Hopefullu it will inspire the next generation

• Registered Users Posts: 13,755 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

Great race, but surprised more people weren't clipped by spectators and vice versa

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭Sarz91

• Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭banjopaul

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,218 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Any one know Roche's race number? Can't find IR the mobile giro site

• Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭downwiththatsor

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭blobbie

If on Android, download Cycling News Tour tracker - very good app

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭gordongekko

pelevin wrote: »
    One of the most thrilling sprints I've seen. Ireland & Dublin blessed with that kind of a climax. Looks like it's certainly time for a new Tour of Ireland.

Don't know about the rest of ye but I certainly climaxed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭Lightbulb Sun

Sarz91 wrote: »

Excellent again. They've been in top form of late.

BnXHEYrCYAAil1F.png

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭PJD

That was the greatest thing my little eyes have ever seen!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,965 ✭✭✭furiousox

Surreal to be watching the Giro live on Eurosport on some of the same roads I train on.
    Then walking out my front door and having the pro peloton passing by half an hour later! :)
    Seeing the helicopter overhead, the anticipation building, the breakaway passing, followed by the peloton and all the support vehicles.
    It was a fantastic (albeit brief) experience and a breathtaking sight.

CPL 593H

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,408 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

Cycled into town, left bike at work, got lined up at quays and got camera ready only to see I'd left my memory card in my laptop. Got some pics with the phone, but my camera would've had much better ones.

Good to see and seemed to be a good atmosphere. I was thinking coffee angel probably cursing not having their stall up at their usual spot across from Jurys. They'd have made a killing

• Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭Carpenter

I was right on the finish line and with 10mins to go the garda suggested we move but with some talking a nice guard asked us to be careful and try keep the crowd back fair play to him .

• Registered Users Posts: 31,074 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

After seeing the peloton pass in Lusk today I can add "used team car" to the list of things I no longer want.

It was like seeing a touring car race following a bicycle race.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

• Registered Users Posts: 3,990 ✭✭✭68 lost souls

Wow that was some finish to come from that far back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭bcmf

Lumen wrote: »
    After seeing the peloton pass in Lusk today I can add "used team car" to the list of things I no longer want.

Yeah they really give the cars a hammering. The Skoda ad they show when th TdF is on really shows the hammering the cars get.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

They were bouncing off the speed bumps, and I imagine they stink like hell inside.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭bcmf

Excellent again. They've been in top form of late.

BnXHEYrCYAAil1F.png
    Ah I parked there. They had it all under wraps when I was there. The guy who I presumed owned the land was a bit nervy when I pulled in.

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭BofaDeezNuhtz

Sarz91 wrote: »

Now thats taking the piss :D

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭padjo5

Went to see the race in julianstown, fort the break, then a very sedate peleton...people were staying 'jaysus they are fierce slow'!!....it was only when I saw the replay that they were waiting for the riders whom had crashed 1km before they got to us....and crashed in a hard shoulder that is known for being dangerous, and no Marshalls in sight..,

• Registered Users Posts: 20,054 ✭✭✭✭neris

a few photos from Baldoyle today at the 15KM mark

20140511_145518.jpg

20140511_155144.jpg

20140511_155147.jpg

20140511_155209.jpg

20140511_155510.jpg

20140511_155539.jpg

The first riders. I have the peleton passing through on a video will post link when uploaded
    20140511_155752.jpg

20140511_160141.jpg

20140511_160319.jpg

DH6ThlKjSFmzSzcbctxjTljeN_R-0iSC1_O8hMpNQRg=w1218-h685-no

• Registered Users Posts: 8,077 ✭✭✭buffalo

Very handy for getting the best access to viewing points along the course though! Three times we were let on to closed roads without even asking. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 835 ✭✭✭omicron

Saw the entire Colombia team afterward, their average height is about 5'3'', they're tiny, even smaller than they look on telly!

Advertisement