Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Galway vets?

• 11-05-2014 12:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭

Hello,

just wondering where the best and most decent priced vet is for a puppy..?

thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,333 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

The two vets that usually come up are ark vets in Taylor's hill and Glenina in Renmore, I'm with ark and find them great but it's also sensible for me since I live there. Where about are you in Galway?.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭honerbright

Hello,

just wondering where the best and most decent priced vet is for a puppy..?

thanks

When I lived in Galway I used Ark, found them to be very good.

• Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭Ms.Sunshine

Thanks for the replies.I have used Ark once before and found them to be expensive. I have heard the one in Renmore is not as expensive??

Who in Ark vets do you find the most helpful??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭RubyGirl

Thanks for the replies.I have used Ark once before and found them to be expensive. I have heard the one in Renmore is not as expensive??

Who in Ark vets do you find the most helpful??

I use Glenina in Renmore, find them brillant and price not to bad. Once a puppy has all it's shots and is in good health you won't need to visit the vet to often. Get pet insurance or put some money aside. Apart from puppy jab's my 5 year old lad's last visit to the vet was to get neutered when he was 6mts old.

• Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭Ms.Sunshine

RubyGirl wrote: »
    I use Glenina in Renmore, find them brillant and price not to bad. Once a puppy has all it's shots and is in good health you won't need to visit the vet to often. Get pet insurance or put some money aside. Apart from puppy jab's my 5 year old lad's last visit to the vet was to get neutered when he was 6mts old.

I am thinking of getting pet insurance. Do you have it?

Who are the vets in Glenina?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40 Melissa30

Glenina Vet in Renmore.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 717 ✭✭✭TristanPeter

I went to Ark vets approx. one month ago with my two small dogs. I found them to be crazy expensive. In all, the whole visit took about 15 mins. It cost just over €150! This was mostly due to the consultation fees which was €44 for dog one and ~€30 for dog 2 if I remember correctly...even though as I said, it took no more than 15 mins altogether. I have a break down of the bill including the tablets prescribed. I'll take a look for it and post online later if I can find it.

They also charger an awful lot for skins scrapes which consisted of basically applying run of the mill Sellotape between one of the dogs toes, pulling it off and then looking at the results under a microscope. They took about 5 of these and charged over a tenner each (I will confirm this with the receipt). I was not surprised when they told me they would call back with the results, even though previously in Briarhill vets, they checked them there and then...job done (and did not charge that kind of money).

I will definitely be going back to Glenina. I went to Ark as I live nearer to it but I will never go back. The staff are nice, that's not the problem. It's their pricing.

Advertisement