Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting an A1 in ordinary level business?

• 11-05-2014 12:29am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭

Just wondering what's the best way to ensure an A1 grade at business studies in ordinary level? :) How difficult is it? I actually really enjoy the subject but was adviced to drop down after the mocks(after regretfully not opening a book for it!) I'm quite happy with that decision as I can now devote more time to my weak subjects. Obviously though if I could go back I would have studied for business and I am getting really good results at ordinary level.
    I would love an A grade at this any advice on how best to do this? I'm thinking of doing some business related course next year - possibly bachelor of business or events management with PR in GMIT. Thanks in advance :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

I think it's very achievable if you put your mind to it! It's all about structuring your answers properly and if you put the work in you'll definitely get the result.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭Lollipop95

Thanks :) really I hope I can get the A! Quite bad at the maths bit of it though so would that hinder me? :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭pablo128

It's a long time since I did the Leaving ('93). But I did honours Business Studies and it was the easiest subject ever. All you had to do really was read the book and memorise it. That info is probably useless if you're doing the Leaving in a months time, though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

Lollipop95 wrote: »
    Thanks :) really I hope I can get the A! Quite bad at the maths bit of it though so would that hinder me? :(

I wouldn't think it's a problem. I got an A1 in HL a few years ago and I skipped all of the number crunching! It's all about structure. Bring a few different coloured highlighters with you into the exam. When you're answering questions use bullet points/paragraphs, don't just plonk your answer down on the page in one big lump. Give a heading, explain the heading, and then try and give a relevant real world example. Examiners will obviously be as fair as they can but they also want to mark your paper as quickly as possible and the easier you make this for them the better it'll work out for you. Have a look at all of the past exam papers and if there's something you can't do ask a friend or a teacher.

I don't know if there's much else to it really, best of luck!

Advertisement