Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I paid booking deposit, what is the probability the EA will sell to others?

Options
  • 11-05-2014 3:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 29

hi all.

I have paid a booking deposit for buying a property.
    And i have paid the booking deposit for nealy alrealy two weeks.
    But the property still on the website and no marked with ' sale agreed '

Because this property is really lovely and the area is popular.
    So make me fidgets.

For this situation ( i have paid the booking deposit )
    This means 99% i will get the property?

Can the EA still open viewing for other people?
    Can the EA ask many people pay the booking deposit?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Bigcheeze

Once it's paid any reputable EA will not accept bids or enquiries for the property. They will only accept one booking deposit.
    I take it you have a receipt?

Some do seem to leave sale agreed places online for a while . There are lots of threads where people are complaining that they call about a property and they're already sale agreed. This may be done by ea's as a cheap way of advertising their firm.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,218 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

until contracts are signed anything can happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭Thespoofer

I think we need to change the way things are done here in regards to property.
    I've bought in Poland and much prefer their way of doing business.
    Both parties sign a pre contract at a Solicitors, buyer puts down deposit, price, details and dates all agreed for a final contract signing day.
    If the buyer backs out they loose the deposit, if the seller backs out they pay the buyer double the deposit.
    All agreed in the preliminary contract stage ( typically the going sale agreed stage ) and both parties know where they stand.
    Much better system.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,184 ✭✭✭riclad

IF Your bid is accepted by the seller,
    the ad on daft.ie etc should be removed ,
    or labelled sale agreed,

but the law is
    nothing is final till the contract is signed.
    But theres, no law re time to put in sale agreed ,
    or when to change ads to sale agreed.
    Maybe call your solicitor,or agent in 2 weeks,
    re sale agreed issue.
    IT takes about 2months for the sale to go through .
    I think SALE AGREED sign is a form of advertising ,
    eg we sold this house, we can sell yours too.

IN the boom this could be a problem, as prices were rising every month.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,916 ✭✭✭✭iguana

Do you know if the seller is in negative equity? I've found that in NE sales EAs often wait until they have at least verbal confirmation from the seller's bank that they will discharge the loan on the property in return for the lower amount that the buyer is paying before they put sale agreed up on the ads.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,335 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

Ring the estate agent and make it clear that if the ad us not removed from the website, you want your deposit returned. Make it clear that you wish to purchase the property, will engage a surveyor and instruct solicitors but that the quid pro quo for taking a deposit us the cessation of marketing, whether active or passive. This has worked well for me in the past. Often the agent wishes to leave it on rather than the seller.

• Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭on_my_oe

Your biggest problem is whether the sale is subject to 'Consent to Sale' eg the vendors bank has to give permission for the sale to proceed as the vendor is in negative equity... There are plenty of purchasers on boards.ie that have waited months only for the vendors bank to get around to saying 'No'.

Advertisement