Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How long from paying booking deposit to the EA issuing the sale details?

Options
  • 11-05-2014 3:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 29

hi,

i checked the process of buying a property.

After paid booking deposit, the estate agent will prepare a document of sale details and send this to the seller’s solicitor and to your solicitor.

usually how long the time of this stage?
    ( from paid booking deposit to the EA issue the sale details )

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 603 ✭✭✭BeatNikDub

Usually done within a day or two max.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 maki2011

BeatNikDub wrote: »
    Usually done within a day or two max.

i have paid booking deposit for 2 weeks and just called the EA, they said maybe need another week for the contract.

is it normal?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,916 ✭✭✭✭iguana

Is it a negative equity sale? These can take much longer to progress as the vendor's lender needs to confirm that they accept your offer and this can take weeks/months/+.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,420 ✭✭✭✭Victor

maki2011 wrote: »
    After paid booking deposit, the estate agent will prepare a document of sale details and send this to the seller’s solicitor and to your solicitor.

Note that the brochures, etc. that the estate agents has are very modest documents and that the vendor's solicitor may have to take some time to draw up the formal contract and there may be a back-and-forth between the solicitors before everything is ready for signing. That may take weeks or months.

iguana wrote: »
    Is it a negative equity sale? These can take much longer to progress as the vendor's lender needs to confirm that they accept your offer and this can take weeks/months/+.

not negative equity.

• Advertisement

Victor wrote: »
    Note that the brochures, etc. that the estate agents has are very modest documents and that the vendor's solicitor may have to take some time to draw up the formal contract and there may be a back-and-forth between the solicitors before everything is ready for signing. That may take weeks or months.

but i checked after paid the booking deposit , next stage is EA issue sale details to me, my solicitor and the vendor's solicitor, is depends EA.

Advertisement