Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Abroad but want to go to college

Options
  • 11-05-2014 5:13am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭

This post has been deleted.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 918 ✭✭✭Agent_99

the current rules says that you have to be resident for 3 of the past 5 years to qualify for a grant but I heard recently that they were going scrap that for potential students who's family emigrated and they wish to study in Ireland.

Just make sure that you have paperwork to prove you were resident in 2010-11-12-13 and then you return.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭jacksie66

• Registered Users Posts: 2,933 ✭✭✭holystungun9

When I researched this a few years ago it was sufficient to be resident within the EU not necessarily in Ireland for three of the five preceding five years.

I was indeed shocked when I realised that I would be classed as a non national if i returned to education.

When I was doing up the costings to return home and go to university I just couldn't justify the expense. And if you couldn't get some sort of part time work to support yourself it really is a huge commitment if for three or four years.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭paperclip2

For free fees its resident within the EU, for the grant the rules were changed to resident in Ireland for 3 out of the last 5 years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭jacksie66

• Advertisement
Advertisement