Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New esb meter

Options
  • 11-05-2014 10:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 37

I'm looking to rent a retail unit with a friend of mine that has a business in the same industry as me. We will be splitting the unit in half ( which the landlord has agreed already)
    What I'm trying to figure out is the electricity, can the esb split the meter so we can get individual bills or what way would it work?

Any advise would be great or experience of this??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭lucky john

This might be a question for an electrician but I don't think you will be able to split the meter. When the building was wired its unlikely the electrician split it into left and right side. Depending on the amount of sockets, he just grouped plugs and ran the wires to a fuse box. Same with lights. You can test that by only leaving one fuse up and plugging in something to each socket in turn to work out the group. Same with lights. Even if he by chance did split it the way you want it wouldn't be easy to take wires from the fuse box and install a second one.

There's gadgets you can get to estimated your electrical unit usage. You could get some of them and then estimate what percentage of the bill each use. You will each need to keep a copy of the bill and evidence of the % you paid to keep the accountant happy.

Advertisement