Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

wanting to come home !

Options
  • 11-05-2014 10:58am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

Edited

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,857 ✭✭✭professore

To be brutally honest with you all I hear is "my job my qualifications my experience". You are a couple now, so you have to do what's best as a couple.

You said things went really bad for you in Ireland - look at this as a fresh start. If your finances are devastated you need to rebuild these together.

Keep looking for a better job. When I finished college I took a low paid job abroad for a year in order to be with my partner, who had a better job at the time. The whole career thing is overrated anyway - half the careers now won't exist in 10 years time, and new ones are appearing all the time. The best you can hope for is to enjoy your work and make enough to pay the bills. If you're doing that you're ahead of most people. This may be in a completely different area than your qualifications are in.

Having lived abroad myself Ireland seems way better when you're abroad. Actually it's very much more about who you know than what you know in a lot of cases than other first world countries.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement