Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Young family in Galway looking to connect

Options
  • 11-05-2014 11:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi everyone,

I have recently moved to Galway from New Zealand with my wife and two young children (18 months and 4 years). We have found a house in the Claddagh region and will be moving there this week, and would really love to connect with any other young families in the area or nearby.

If anyone knows of family groups or Mother and Kids groups I would love to get a contact, or anyone in same situation who wants to catch up for a coffee PM me!

Cheeeeers!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭chinacup

Hi everyone,

I have recently moved to Galway from New Zealand with my wife and two young children (18 months and 4 years). We have found a house in the Claddagh region and will be moving there this week, and would really love to connect with any other young families in the area or nearby.

If anyone knows of family groups or Mother and Kids groups I would love to get a contact, or anyone in same situation who wants to catch up for a coffee PM me!

Cheeeeers!

Hey might be worth having a look at the meetup.ie website and making a group for that purpose if there isn't already one.

Maybe contact the One World Centre, on Prospect hill and see so they have anything of use to offer you. Other than that just get stuck into the community and get chatting to people. Pura Vida cafe on Spanish arch is a good place to hang out at and meet locals and you can bring your coffee over to Spanish arch if its a nice day. I think the owner Rob has two kids the same age actually he might be someone worth asking! Or just go to the playground in Claddagh and get talking to the mums and dads?

Sorry can't offer you a better solution as I haven't been in your situation or heard of any groups like that but best of luck getting settled in!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,959 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

I'm pretty sure there's a message board on mykidstime.ie, more family types hang out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭Paddyfield

www.rollercoaster.ie is another great parenting website which might help you hook up with others.

Galway has some wonderful playgrounds and kids don't be long making friends.

My kids are a lot older than yours so sorry I can't help.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Hi everyone,

Cheeeeers!

I've a 4 year old and a 7 monther. I'd be happy to meet up with you folks when you get settled.

Advertisement