Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help with what to do next...

Options
  • 11-05-2014 12:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,161 ✭✭✭

Hi folks,

The girlfriend found a coat she liked on a south Korean website so I ordered it for her. Got a medium by going with the sizing chart that was on the website.

However, when it arrived it was way too small. The label says medium, but its several inches smaller than what the sizing chart said a medium was (measured it to be sure)

We got in touch with them, asking them to send out a large instead. They said that they sent out what we ordered, and because of customs and posting charges, it wouldn't be worth sending back. They said they'd give us a discount.

We replied saying it wasn't what we ordered (completely wrong size) and that we want a refund. Their reply was that if we cover the posting and customs charges to send it back, they'll refund us the money.

Now, I don't like this as we'd still be out of pocket for something that's not our fault. Their sizing chart was completely wrong, yet they won't accept responsibility for it. What should we do next?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭01902

You would only be covered by South Korean consumer law. To actually find out what that is and then try and enforce it if you do even have any rights sounds very difficult. Probably easier and possibly cheaper to take the hit. I would be raging too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,161 ✭✭✭Average-Ro

Ahhh, I was afraid of that...

Got the return address off them there, and it's actually in China, not South Korea.

Long shot, but would anyone know what my rights might be with regards to buying off a Chinese website?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,597 ✭✭✭emeldc

My OH goes out to China for work three or four times a year. She has learned through experience that the size marked on clothes or shoes may have no bearing on the actual size you are looking for.

Right, guess I just have to take the hit and learn from the experience. Thanks for chipping in guys. I appreciate the comments.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭gigglemuch82

From living in the Far East, I can tell you that the 'Medium' size in Asian countries are more like size 10 in Europe or Ireland for that matter as average females would be around size 10. Similarly, size 12 would constitute as 'Large' and size 14 'X Large'.

• Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭Diziet

I would put the small one on ebay with the correct measurement and recoup some of your money. Not a chance of chasing it through the seller, really,

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭irish gent

What site did you buy from .buying clothes that far away spells trouble anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,396 ✭✭✭upinthesky

paypal? always use paypal if they don't except it, don't buy.

Advertisement