Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

DCU library

• 11-05-2014 1:37pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 159 ✭✭

Hi!
    Just wondering how mad busy dcu library is at the minute!?
    Does it get full up early.
    I'm a DIT postgrad student and can get access to DCU and its handier location wise for me to get some study done. Also wen I was an undergrad in DCU I remember it was stricter that DIT about being quite in the study areas. DIT is like a noisey zoo at the minute...!!

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 159 ✭✭mcballer

Thanks for that. Yeah just a desk and chair... to get me out of the house to study somewhere different. Climbing the walls being at home all day.

Is it pretty quite noise wise?! Or people chatting..
    (one of the Librarians working in DIT I swear doesnt know how to not shout...and as the upstairs quiet study area is like a gallery the noise just travels and reverberates and that coupled with the mental city centre noise through the open windows...probably one of the noisiest places known to man!! Haaa

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 159 ✭✭mcballer

Thats how I remember it being in DCU...like a library. If your taking the proverbial the staff will shuuushhh you!!
    Might give it a whirl so...DIT is just impossible....
    Thanks for your help...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,229 ✭✭✭LeinsterDub

Do you actually need anything from the library book wise?

Why not just go to your local dcc library?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 734 ✭✭✭bs2014

Ye I've noticed that come 10 o'clock, you'll struggle to get a computer and by midday struggle to get a desk space.

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭Landa2

Engineering Building labs are where i finally managed to pass.. super quiet and unless you are in engineering you cant get onto the computers so no distractions.. If you are in Engineering then possibly a lab in the computer building.. As long as you avoid the project labs you will go pretty much unnoticed. (does L101 still exist or is it offices now as well?)

• Advertisement
Advertisement