Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

OUR WATER SUPPLYHAS BEEN CHANGED TO LEIXLIP

Options
  • 11-05-2014 2:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,274 ✭✭✭

from ballymore eustace. did anyone hear about this? this is a major change and could affect us badly switching from a soft water to hard water. anyone notice any difference with the water?

Comments

emo72 wrote: »
    from ballymore eustace. did anyone hear about this? this is a major change and could affect us badly switching from a soft water to hard water. anyone notice any difference with the water?

Noticed some scale in my kettle alright. The pressure has improved lately. I had a thread on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭josh59

William Lavelle the local councilor put a post up on his Facebook page about this during the week.

It explains a lot - we thought our dishwasher was on the blink - everything was coming out smudged in a chalk like coating - we started using rinse aid again - even though the tablets we use say that they are all in one and the problem got sorted.

You can see a scum on your cup of tea if you leave it for a few minutes so I bought one of those steel wool balls for the kettle and that seems to have solved the problem.

There were women on complaining on the FB page saying that they noticed their hair was all dull - one woman had bought 2 different types of shampoo thinking that was the problem.

If you remember the Ballymore Eustace reservoir was the one where they had the water treatment problems last year which necessitated the water being cut off at night for a couple of weeks to conserve supply. The issue was caused by the heavy rain at the time and the treatment plant was unable to cope with what was needed to treat the water as a result.

Lets hope Irish Water can get their act together to ensure such problems don't arise in the future.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭stoneill

• Registered Users Posts: 6,274 ✭✭✭emo72

stoneill wrote: »

i saw your thread stoneill, but i thought it best to start a new one, to highlight the issue. bord uisce or whatever they call themselves seem to be able to change supply without consulting us. id rather them leave us with the service we've had for years. id love to have the exact facts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭irishmotorist

I raised this with a bunch of elected representatives and got the following reply from Frances Fitzgerald and similar from some others.

I have noticed an improvement in recent days though.
    My colleague, Cllr William Lavelle, last week tabled an emergency motion on this at the South Dublin County Council meeting. There is production difficulties in Roundwood which has affected supply and distribution across the region. Lucan usually gets it's supply from Ballymore Eustace but because of the pressures placed on the system as a result of Roundwood, this has switched to Leixlip which has harder water.

This isn't a result of water metering and the Council are trying to blend both waters for the time being to try and cut down on the issues residents have been facing as a result of the harder water. I understand that the water is safe to drink though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,274 ✭✭✭emo72

i have a noticed a build up of white stuff on my dishwasher. limescale? never had it before.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,706 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Is this all of Lucan lads?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,498 ✭✭✭Heroditas

Ahaa! I was wondering if there was something wrong with the shampoo and why I wasn't getting such a good lather recently.
    Better stock up on Calgon and stuff like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭blueturnip

Heroditas wrote: »
    Ahaa! I was wondering if there was something wrong with the shampoo and why I wasn't getting such a good lather recently.
    Better stock up on Calgon and stuff like that.

Ohhh!! I thought it was my shampoo! I guess there is not much I can do for the shower!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,310 ✭✭✭alias no.9

Had considered fitting a combi-boiler last year when getting the gas boiler replaced, glad I didn't because hard water can play havoc with them.

• Advertisement
Advertisement