Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tamiya Vs. Deans

• 11-05-2014 2:35pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 294 ✭✭

What is the advantages of putting deans onto your gun? Would it really be worth the hassle? Which would I be better off using? Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,899 ✭✭✭S.E.A.L.s

Deans all the way, had the other connector for years and swapped out everyone of my AEG's for deans last year, now depending on how many AEG's you plan to change out, this may turn out to be a painful job and still worth it ;)

Also, the main benefit for me was full contact of the pins, which is better for the battery and motor, so now there is no ? mark when I pull the trigger :)
    (I'm sure others can comment on more benefits)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 294 ✭✭Mini Dude

Thanks, it's only the one AEG I plan to swap them out for and of course the batteries.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭Darth Phoenix

+1 on S.E.A.L.S assessment.

In a basic sense, the Deans connector has less resistance than the tamiya.

So by that I mean the current flow is better and more you'll hear it more responsive like trigger response would be that little bit better.

As mentioned above your battery and motor will get more use out of them with less resistance too.

The first Thing I do in any Aeg is change to them.

Hope this helps.

DP

Mini Dude wrote: »
    Thanks, it's only the one AEG I plan to swap them out for and of course the batteries.

Excellent and thank you for reminding me about this task, as I've been meaning to add a video on how to solder deans here - http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=90339847#post90339847 (just updated)

It's a handy enough job and here is a thread about some of the other benefits - http://www.airsoftsociety.com/forums/f10/deans-vs-tamiya-connectors-20570/

Also, if you do not already have deans, here are some great ones:

10 sets - http://www.ebay.ie/itm/221169983948?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649

20 sets - http://www.ebay.ie/itm/321046239538?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649

I'd get the 10 sets at least, then you'll have enough for all items to be changed and room for error too ;)

Hope this helps :)

Would I be best to bring them to a shop to get changed over, I wouldn't feel confident enough in doing it myself, Thanks DP and S.E.A.L.s

• Advertisement

Mini Dude wrote: »
    Would I be best to bring them to a shop to get changed over, I wouldn't feel confident enough in doing it myself, Thanks DP and S.E.A.L.s

While I do encourage DIY, having a shop do this task would be better in your case

Most places I've see, charge between €5 and €10 euro a set, to supply and install

There maybe a package deal for less and this should give you an idea of costs

Good luck :)

Thanks very much :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,439 ✭✭✭✭thermo

Where you based?

Outside kildare town, mind you I don't have the gun yet, still saving up a bit for the vfc pdw

:) if your not confident to do the job yourself I can give you a hand/ do it. I'm in kildare town too and am free most evenings.

• Advertisement

Ok, once I get the gun I'll pm you and hopefully arrange something :) Thanks

No bothers. Just the one gun?

Yep, might have a battery and charger?

Cool should have enough connectors to do them!!

Sound, I'll pm once I get everything, Thanks

Coolio talk then.

Advertisement