Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Postgraduate Grants 2014/2015

• 11-05-2014 2:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi, I am just finishing my fourth year of a level 8 course and going to do a masters in september, I am in reciept of the full grant at the moment but will I be able to continue having this grant when i go to do my masters

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,051 ✭✭✭jantheman91

shauna24 wrote: »
    Hi, I am just finishing my fourth year of a level 8 course and going to do a masters in september, I am in reciept of the full grant at the moment but will I be able to continue having this grant when i go to do my masters

I'm in the same boat. As far as I know you should be if your family earns under 21,000 per annum.

• Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭aidoh

Pretty sure postgraduates can't receive SUSI grants.

• Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭aidoh

I remember knocking into the careers office when I was in the same boat as yee, as well as ringing up the grants people and being told they had stopped issuing postgraduate grants the year before.
    That was 2012 / 2013 so I doubt it's changed since then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,051 ✭✭✭jantheman91

aidoh wrote: »
    Pretty sure postgraduates can't receive SUSI grants.

Wrong.

There are no maintenance grants for Postgraduates.

However, you can receive a standard fee contribution of 2,000 euro or a special fee contribution of up to 6,250 euro if you fall below the threshold.

It is clearly outlined on their site.

Advertisement